AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Font Parallel Symmetry Document Circle

I get that we’re in a weird time and prices are crazy but let’s just not lie SVS. The PB1000 has been $450 for months. My Best Buy still has one in store marked as such. It also used to retail for $500. This isn’t a sale at all. At least not on the PB1000.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
He’s honestly reporting what SVS is saying.

·
Administrator
, TBD, Ascendo Immersive SMG-15, Seymour Screen Excellence
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He posted it and then quoted it for the first respond comment? Like he's talking to himself...

That was weird. Did SVS pay you to do this I guess?
No. Our newsletter doesn’t let you use the first post in a thread. It’s weird it only allows replies to go out.

·
Administrator
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
View attachment 3200773

I get that we’re in a weird time and prices are crazy but let’s just not lie SVS. The PB1000 has been $450 for months. My Best Buy still has one in store marked as such. It also used to retail for $500. This isn’t a sale at all. At least not on the PB1000.
Isn’t that being a little picky?

Their MSRP went up with costs going up. So technically it’s the best deal available now, and also the same as when it was originally $500 MSRP.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Quote anything I specifically said that wasn’t honest.
Marked in bold below.
Amazing SVS Deals for Black Friday.
Sounds like you guys have an issue with inflation and SVS not me. I posted links to their Black Friday deals. That’s it.
No, you're not getting it, we're consumers, doesn't mean we're dumb.
@PixelPusher15 posted the PB1000 prices has been down for months.
You did not only post links, you added 'Amazing', you should be unbiased.

This way, in case the information from SVS is false, you're not getting the flame.
You should honestly be friends with us, not them, this could of been done more professionally.
That's what I'll leave it at.

·
Administrator
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No. Our newsletter doesn’t let you use the first post in a thread. It’s weird it only allows replies to go out.
I should elaborate. I was posting all the deals in the deals area. I wanted the newsletter that went out at around noon CST to have some BF deals in it. So I tried putting the thread in the Newsletter and it only accepts threads with a reply. So I replied so I could get the Newsletter out with BF deals.

SVS didn’t pay for this thread. I posted it because I thought Forum members liked SVS and may need a sub and discounts are fun.

·
Administrator
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Marked in bold.

So you’re saying I lied about MY OPINION?

Unbiased? I am the Editor. I’m supposed to be biased and share my opinions.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Marked in bold below.

This way, in case the information from SVS is false, you're not getting the flame.
You should honestly be friends with us, not them, this could of been done more professionally.
That's what I'll leave it at.
Could "have", not "of". Sorry, couldn't resist. One of my pet peeves of all time.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
So you’re saying I lied about MY OPINION?

Unbiased? I am the Editor. I’m supposed to be biased and share my opinions.
No, with sales and market deals, you should be unbiased and let users have their own opinion.
In product reviews, you should definitely leave your opinion and color it the way your stomach feels.
See how users are more on our users side and not yours in this? I don't think they like false promotion.
Worst thing you can do is to stand on the same side as the manufacturer, if you're not paid by them, why?

·
Administrator
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No, with sales and market deals, you should be unbiased and let users have their own opinion.
In product reviews, you should definitely leave your opinion and color it the way your stomach feels.
See how users are more on our users side and not yours in this? I don't think they like false promotion.
Worst thing you can do is to stand on the same side as the manufacturer, if you're not paid by them, why?
Because theyre good deals. My opinion stands.

Your issue is with inflation. MSRP went up. These prices are deals, because after BF theyll be back to more expensive.

SVS cant tell Best Buy what to sell it for. So from SVS its the best deal of the year for them.

I get it inflation sucks.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts