AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question might only be answerable by someone who has the same receiver as me (Yamaha HTR-5280), but any help/suggestions from anybody else would be well appreciated. I should be receiving my SVS 16-46PC today (I decided NOT to hijack the UPS truck), and am trying to make sure I’m ready to calibrate it. I spent several hours last night printing out and reading calibration related threads here, as well as reading the Yamaha’s manual and experimenting with my current sub. I can’t seem to find the basic “subwoofer level†setting on the receiver. I found the separate LFE adjustments for DD and DTS. The DD LFE adjustment goes from -10dB to 0dB (0dB default), and the DTS LFE goes from –10dB to +10dB (0dB default). But from what I’ve read, this isn’t the same as the basic “subwoofer levelâ€. My understanding is based on a thread from a couple of years ago, with the following quote from Wayne Bundrick:

“Before you calibrate your subwoofer using LFE tones, you need to check the LFE setting on your Dolby Digital decoder. LOOK FOR A LFE ADJUSTMENT THAT IS SEPARATE FROM THE SUBWOOFER LEVEL SETTING.(my emphasis) I had an Onkyo ED-901 decoder, which had a button on the front panel called “LFE –10dBâ€. My Denon 5700 has a LFE surround parameter that is adjustable from –10dB to 0dB. I assume most other decoders have something similar, either a –10dB/-dB toggle or adjustable range.â€

Well, I found the LFE setting for DD (as well as a separate setting LFE setting for DTS), but I just can’t find the subwoofer level setting that the LFE adjustment is supposed to be separate from.

Does any HTR-5280 (or similar Yamaha receiver) owner know where to find this basic subwoofer level setting? Does anybody with ANY other receiver have any ideas or input?

Thanks!

David

·
Registered
188 Posts
David,

I don't have the HTR-5280, but I have the RXV-595a. You should be able to find the Subwoofer Lvl setting under the same menu where you can adjust the level of your surround & center speaker.

W/ my yammie, basically there's 2 set of menu:

One is where you adjust the speakers level for center, rear left, rear right, & subwoofer... this is the menu you go to when you're calibrating your speaker.

The other menu is where you set your main to small or large, center to small or large or none, rear to small or large, bass to main or sub or both, etc.

I probably don't help much, but if you can find that menu to set your speaker level, you should be good to go.. :)

Joel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.