AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to mount my SVS SCS-02 (center channel speaker) which weighs 19lb to my wall.

SVS sells OmniMount 20.0 mounts which should work just fine.

I was wondering what mounts you guys have found are best to use, considering the weight.

·
Registered
335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripken204 /forum/post/19594960

I need to mount my SVS SCS-02 (center channel speaker) which weighs 19lb to my wall.

SVS sells OmniMount 20.0 mounts which should work just fine.

I was wondering what mounts you guys have found are best to use, considering the weight.

Keep in mind you'd need to be very precise in how you mount it using that Omnimount. The threaded holes are at both ends of the speaker and you'd probably want to use two mounts, both in a stud. I decided to use the Pinpoint AM15 brackets and just rest the center channel on top of two of those. I haven't set it up yet so i don't know how it will look, but it's a lot cheaper than buying two of those omnimounts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i know, they just arrived today, ordered from amazon.

the holes in the speaker is thankfully exactly 16" apart, perfect for studs.

this will still be very tricky to mount though, being 2 separate mounts and all.

·
Registered
278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripken204 /forum/post/0

yes i know, they just arrived today, ordered from amazon.

the holes in the speaker is thankfully exactly 16" apart, perfect for studs.

this will still be very tricky to mount though, being 2 separate mounts and all.

Ripken, how do you like the SVS speakers? I've had my eyes on the bookshelves for a while, but haven't been able to convince myself to pull the trigger without having either heard them myself out here in Seattle or read comparisons to speakers I have actually heard. Sorry for the off topic question :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've had my eye on these SVS speakers for about a year, with the 20% off black friday sale they had i just could not resist.

personally i think they are great, i am upgrading for a klipsch promedia ultra 5.1 setup tho...

that may be the best computer setup you can buy but they are **** compared to this.

i have yet to see how loud this speakers can really go, but even at very high volumes, there is little distortion.

i am not in the process of trying to get the mounts on the speakers, wish me luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.