AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting a SVS CS-Ultra (passive) with a Parasound HCA-1200Mark 200 poweramp (200W into 8Ohm, 300W into 4Ohm) Is this good enough for the subwoofer?

The Parasound has gain controls to level out any problems with mismatching the other speaker volume/Lexicon MC-1 pre-out. Do I need anything else?

MC Sub pre-out----------->Poweramp---------->SVS

Thanks

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
This should be fine.

You won't push the Ultra to its absolute perofrmance limits with 300 watts, but you'll be within a dB or two of them...:)

Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions about SVS, here ,or just email me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Tom V.

SVS

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tom- cheers for that.

What are the surrounds made out of? I know foam deteriorates after a few years- rubber is supposed to be the best for long life.

Don't mind getting my rear woofers re-edged (only 6.5") but a 12" woofer might be difficulty/expensive to re-edge.

What is the approx postage to the UK for a single Ultra?- and how much for two Ultra's (no amp)- will buy locally.

Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hey Fatbottom;

If you send me a shipping address in the UK I can do a door to door and door to airport quote for you with BaxGlobal our international shipping agent. They are very reasonable for shipments to the UK.

[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.