AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ultra/2 and a Plus/2. They are in different locations in my room.

I have a SMS-1 and everything is calibrated. I do tend to get more volume out of the Ultra in really deep bass scenes.

Heres my question. Both have the same box, both have the same amp. Would it be a smart upgrade to move one of the Ultra woofers? So each sub would have a Plus woofer and an Ultra woofer?

I may not be really seriously considering this, but it could be done easy enough.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody??

·
Registered
8,496 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swgiust /forum/post/15532370

I have a Ultra/2 and a Plus/2. They are in different locations in my room.

I have a SMS-1 and everything is calibrated. I do tend to get more volume out of the Ultra in really deep bass scenes.

Heres my question. Both have the same box, both have the same amp. Would it be a smart upgrade to move one of the Ultra woofers? So each sub would have a Plus woofer and an Ultra woofer?

I may not be really seriously considering this, but it could be done easy enough.

This is a question for Ron Stimpson at SVS. I can't imagine he would advise you to take this path.

Any time you have 2 different subs in one room you may experience exactly what you are hearing.

The real question is just because the Ultra has a little more power at the lowest frequencies when you are watching a movie should you start switching drivers from one box to the other?

Think of each design as a total system, why would you want to mess with the design?

Sounds like you need something (else) to keep you busy during the winter

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I WAS going to create a four driver, front firing monster....

It really was an idea. If one can go low, and one can go loud, putting

the two together could give you the best of both worlds, right??

I have e-mailed SVS, I'll share what they say!

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:

Why not sell the SVS subs and buy better DIY drivers/amps period? Build an IB array or manifold with a 4X18 array and have extra cash for the weekend

Honestly, if you are going to go down the DIY path. Simply sell the SVS stuff because you should do DIY right!!

·
Banned
3,550 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray /forum/post/15546853

Why not sell the SVS subs and buy better DIY drivers/amps period? Build an IB array or manifold with a 4X18 array and have extra cash for the weekend

Honestly, if you are going to go down the DIY path. Simply sell the SVS stuff because you should do DIY right!!

ohhh thats tough. Downright scandilus IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts