AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mitsu 73835 & am looking for suggestions on how to mount my center speaker....I have the MTS-01 set-up ordered.

The TV is on a base & I dont have room to place the center in/on it.


SVS rep says he does not recommend using their mounts for the center speaker.....Omni mount only holds a 30# speaker (SVS center is 42#).


Anybody know a good wall mount set-up for this?


Also, are the front towers bi-ampable since my receiver is 7.1 & I am only

using a 5.1 speaker set-up?


TIA,


- Cam
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam McFarland /forum/post/15454862


I have a Mitsu 73835 & am looking for suggestions on how to mount my center speaker....I have the MTS-01 set-up ordered.

The TV is on a base & I dont have room to place the center in/on it.


SVS rep says he does not recommend using their mounts for the center speaker.....Omni mount only holds a 30# speaker (SVS center is 42#).


Anybody know a good wall mount set-up for this?


Also, are the front towers bi-ampable since my receiver is 7.1 & I am only

using a 5.1 speaker set-up?


TIA,


- Cam

Hi Cam,


Congrats on your purchase of the MTS/MCS.


I was able to mount the MCS over my Samsung 71 with a Peerless SA740P Articulating LCD Wall Mount from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A2AGYS



Mounted the MCS about 2'' above the screen to allow the speaker to 'downward tilt' and rest on the screen itself to allow for additional support. Also mounted the center channel upside down with the tweeter biased downward. A bit tricky, but doable.


My friend also has the MTS/MCS and he found a mount with dual arms and adjustable mounting holes. The adjustable mounting holes should allow for easier mounting, as it will be easier to 'hit the studs'. He hasn't actually mounted them yet, but I think it may be the easier way(?).


Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
/\\/\\


Thanks for the reply.....I suppose I will just wait till the speakers get here to

see what support might work best.



Anybody have any answers to my second question by chance??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearchan /forum/post/15458126


The MTS/MCS are bi-ampable.


Your receiver?


You should be able to bi-amp with a 7.1 receiver.

Thanks...


Denon 3808
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearchan /forum/post/15455227


Hi Cam,


Congrats on your purchase of the MTS/MCS.


I was able to mount the MCS over my Samsung 71 with a Peerless SA740P Articulating LCD Wall Mount from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A2AGYS



Mounted the MCS about 2'' above the screen to allow the speaker to 'downward tilt' and rest on the screen itself to allow for additional support. Also mounted the center channel upside down with the tweeter biased downward. A bit tricky, but doable.


My friend also has the MTS/MCS and he found a mount with dual arms and adjustable mounting holes. The adjustable mounting holes should allow for easier mounting, as it will be easier to 'hit the studs'. He hasn't actually mounted them yet, but I think it may be the easier way(?).


Good luck.


How does this work as the speaker connections are between the mounting holes....it would appear as though the "plate" would cover the posts...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam McFarland /forum/post/15522233


How does this work as the speaker connections are between the mounting holes....it would appear as though the "plate" would cover the posts...

Hi Cam,


Yes, the plate does cover the banana plugs. There is enough room to allow you to connect using bare wire(s). Thinking back, I do recall having to drill 4 holes on the plate to line up with the 4 mounting inserts on the MCS and then having to space out the plate with washers. This means you will have to remove the speaker and mounting plate if and when you need to remove the speaker cable. I did not try using longer bolts because I was concern the longer bolts would place a lot of strain on the mounting inserts. This concern may have been unfounded.


This probably is not the easiest, or best mounting solution, if you plan on swapping out your cables a lot. But mounting the center channel above the screen does allow you to line up the center channel with the L+R speakers, on the same horizontal plane, as oppose to using a stand in front of the screen. Don't know if it makes any real difference, but it sounds good! ;-)


There are probably other(better) ways. You may want to continue your research.


Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearchan /forum/post/15525035


Hi Cam,


Yes, the plate does cover the banana plugs. There is enough room to allow you to connect using bare wire(s). Thinking back, I do recall having to drill 4 holes on the plate to line up with the 4 mounting inserts on the MCS and then having to space out the plate with washers. This means you will have to remove the speaker and mounting plate if and when you need to remove the speaker cable. I did not try using longer bolts because I was concern the longer bolts would place a lot of strain on the mounting inserts. This concern may have been unfounded.


This probably is not the easiest, or best mounting solution, if you plan on swapping out your cables a lot. But it does allow you to line up the center channel with the L+R speakers, on the same horizontal plane.


There are probably other(better) ways. You may want to continue your research.


Good luck.

Thanks.....trust me, I have been looking online for days for something to fill the bill...I happened across this mount at FRY's yesterday & picked one up, I hope it will work...if not I'll place the speaker in front of the TV (temporarily) until I find a suitable solution.


http://shop1.frys.com/product/537430...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam McFarland /forum/post/15525106


Thanks.....trust me, I have been looking online for days for something to fill the bill...I happened across this mount at FRY's yesterday & picked one up, I hope it will work...if not I'll place the speaker in front of the TV (temporarily) until I find a suitable solution.


http://shop1.frys.com/product/537430...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Hi Cam,


If the one from fry's don't work out, check out this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Banned
Joined
·
534 Posts
Hi Cam,


That one looks pretty good.


The problem with single point mounting is hoping to get lucky and find a stud that will align with the exact center of your screen. It can be done, but it's trickier and I don't trust using wall anchors.


Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearchan /forum/post/15533527


Hi Cam,


That one looks pretty good.


The problem with single point mounting is hoping to get lucky and find a stud that will align with the exact center of your screen. It can be done, but it's trickier and I don't trust using wall anchors.


Good luck.

Agreed, although I do have some leeway room to move the screen if need be....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Deleted:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top