1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
They blew out of the pb-2000's!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Why is the pb2000 so special? That thing is huge for a ported 12"...actually larger than my sealed 15" velodyne f1500

And my ancient f1500 looks like it hits much lower... 13Hz actually. Yes, it was also $1300 new, but that was back in the ice age so now not sure what price range it would be in if sold today

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Why is the pb2000 so special? That thing is huge for a ported 12"...actually larger than my sealed 15" velodyne f1500

And my ancient f1500 looks like it hits much lower... 13Hz actually. Yes, it was also $1300 new, but that was back in the ice age so now not sure what price range it would be in if sold today
PB2000 represents a solid step into true subwoofers at an affordable price. The pb1000 is the entry level suggested around here(or a sub with similar specs). You are comparing a sealed expensive sub to a ported (relatively) inexpensive sub. Anything cheaper and performance drops off.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
PB2000 represents a solid step into true subwoofers at an affordable price. The pb1000 is the entry level suggested around here(or a sub with similar specs). You are comparing a sealed expensive sub to a ported (relatively) inexpensive sub. Anything cheaper and performance drops off.
Understood. Though why not buy a used sub that is less expensive and overall better?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Understood. Though why not buy a used sub that is less expensive and overall better?
That is also recommended lol and exactly what I did. New guys are usually hesitant to buy used when it comes to speakers but I always suggest it especially if budget is tight. Generally a lot more can be had in terms of quality but without a warranty which deters some.

·
Registered
14,227 Posts

The F1500 has a Frequency response of 18-85hz, it's +/-3db point is more then likely in the mid 20's. It is not doing anything @ 13hz. My money would go towards a PB2000 all day.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I picked up a 2nd SB-2000 in piano black for $679 ( regularly $799 ) during this outlet sale. It looked new to me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Now that's really annoying. They have 6 pb - 2000's available. Guess I will have to wait until the Presidents' Day sale if they have one.

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
Independent tests showed it hit down to 13hz
With how much output? unless it can do 100db + @ 13hz with less then 10% thd that independent test is meaningless. Not to mention that testing was probably done well before cea2010 was around and actually had some set standards for measuring output.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts