AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I thought it would be good to have a more all-inclusive SVS owners thread that would include owners of any SVS product. OK, with that out of the way, I have both SVS 5.1 and 7.1 systems and can't get over how great they sound, especially considering their price range. My 5.1 system (downstairs) uses the SBS-02 for mains and surrounds, SCS-02 mid channel, and PB12NSD sub. The 7.1 system (upstairs) uses STS-02 slim towers for mains, SCS-02 mid, SSS-02 Bipoles for side surrounds, SBS-02 rear surrounds, and a PB12NSD sub. Both systems sound superb.

I just spent about 5 hours this morning listening to the 7.1 system with both the CD changer and Pandora via my Panasonic P58VT25 plasma flat screen TV with VieraCast. I very reluctantly had to turn it off to take the wife out to lunch. Crikey, these SVS systems sound good!! I know, I know, there are other great sounding speakers out there too. Some likely sound better...for a few thousand dollars more. And that's the rub...finding something that sounds better in the same price range. Good luck. In my experience and IMHO you've really got your work cut out.

I'd be interested in hearing from other SVS owners regarding their experiences with their systems. I'd also like to hear if anyone has had the opportunity to compare SVS with other products. Thanks.

Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been mulling over an SVS 5.1 setup for a while now, and when I saw the Black Friday deal I finally pulled the trigger. I ordered MTS-02 & MCS-02 for the front soundstage, and SSS-02 bipoles for l/r surround duties. Can't wait!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methusaleh /forum/post/19559700

I've been mulling over an SVS 5.1 setup for a while now, and when I saw the Black Friday deal I finally pulled the trigger. I ordered MTS-02 & MCS-02 for the front soundstage, and SSS-02 bipoles for l/r surround duties. Can't wait!!

M series...very cool!! I would like to hear some of their M series speakers. I can tell you thier S series speakers sound killer. Congrats. Let us know what you think of your MTS speakers and your system.

Tom

·
Registered
335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methusaleh /forum/post/19559700

Dang, I placed my order on 11/23 and missed the sale. I just emailed them and asked if they could apply the discount to my order. Hopefully they can. I bought 3 SCS-02's and a PB10-NSD. They will arrive on Wednesday, but I won't get to use them because I am about to send my Pioneer AVR to Abt for warranty service.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I won some mts-01 ver. 2 speakers off of ebay, and imo they are very good speakers for the money, even at retail. I prefer them over my monitor audio gr20's and quad 22l2's.

One day I would like to buy one of their higher end subwoofers and try their new mts-02 or mbs-02's

·
Registered
422 Posts
...I thought it would be good to have a more all-inclusive SVS owners thread that would include owners of any SVS product. OK, with that out of the way, I have both SVS 5.1 and 7.1 systems and can't get over how great they sound, especially considering their price range. My 5.1 system (downstairs) uses the SBS-02 for mains and surrounds, SCS-02 mid channel, and PB12NSD sub. The 7.1 system (upstairs) uses STS-02 slim towers for mains, SCS-02 mid, SSS-02 Bipoles for side surrounds, SBS-02 rear surrounds, and a PB12NSD sub. Both systems sound superb.

I just spent about 5 hours this morning listening to the 7.1 system with both the CD changer and Pandora via my Panasonic P58VT25 plasma flat screen TV with VieraCast. I very reluctantly had to turn it off to take the wife out to lunch. Crikey, these SVS systems sound good!! I know, I know, there are other great sounding speakers out there too. Some likely sound better...for a few thousand dollars more. And that's the rub...finding something that sounds better in the same price range. Good luck. In my experience and IMHO you've really got your work cut out.

I'd be interested in hearing from other SVS owners regarding their experiences with their systems. I'd also like to hear if anyone has had the opportunity to compare SVS with other products. Thanks.

Tom
Got an SVS Ultra Center just before the price increase to replace an Elac Debut 2.0 center (5.2) primarily in an attempt to improve HT movie dialogue. Initial impression is that it may be a good step up in dialogue improvement. Haven't run YPAO as yet in order to give it a bit more break-in time. Just using the same eq that was dialed in for my Elac for now. Any suggestions for customizing the eq for dialogue for the Ultra ?

Reactions: Lp85253

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gonna necro this because there doesn't seem to be another.

Bought some new speakers. Prime Towers to replace a pair of Heresy II's from '04 and the Prime Center to replace a RP-450C that I just bought.
I hated the sound of the 450C pretty much right from the very go. Even the wife commented that it sounded like everyone was talking out of a shoebox.
My old Heresy II's need new crossovers and I felt I wanted to give a full range speaker a shot.
The center...it's still lacking a little something, but it's a huge improvement over the rp-450c. Debating sending it back to Crutchfield for the Ultra. I got the Center for a massive deal though, $289, scratch and dent, but was still factory sealed, just box was really beat up, no damage. I can absolutely live with it for $289. Maybe I'll send it to Danny at GR Research and let him do his magic on it. Perhaps it's my budget receiver, Yamaha RX-V4A.

The Prime Towers are fantastic. They look so much better in the living room, and they sound so much better as well. Everything is filled out so much better. Not a huge surprise there considering the limitations of the Heresy II's. I wasn't expecting how much more bass there was going to be. I think I may have to do some adjustments to the PB-1000 Pro.
I have a UMIK-1 on the way from HK. We'll see how everything looks after that.
Overall, I'm very pleased. More importantly, so is the wife.

·
Registered
8,100 Posts
Gonna necro this because there doesn't seem to be another.

Bought some new speakers. Prime Towers to replace a pair of Heresy II's from '04 and the Prime Center to replace a RP-450C that I just bought.
I hated the sound of the 450C pretty much right from the very go. Even the wife commented that it sounded like everyone was talking out of a shoebox.
My old Heresy II's need new crossovers and I felt I wanted to give a full range speaker a shot.
The center...it's still lacking a little something, but it's a huge improvement over the rp-450c. Debating sending it back to Crutchfield for the Ultra. I got the Center for a massive deal though, $289, scratch and dent, but was still factory sealed, just box was really beat up, no damage. I can absolutely live with it for $289. Maybe I'll send it to Danny at GR Research and let him do his magic on it. Perhaps it's my budget receiver, Yamaha RX-V4A.

The Prime Towers are fantastic. They look so much better in the living room, and they sound so much better as well. Everything is filled out so much better. Not a huge surprise there considering the limitations of the Heresy II's. I wasn't expecting how much more bass there was going to be. I think I may have to do some adjustments to the PB-1000 Pro.
I have a UMIK-1 on the way from HK. We'll see how everything looks after that.
Overall, I'm very pleased. More importantly, so is the wife.
i have the pb 1000 pro as well , it's a great little sub and pretty easy to fine tune thanks to the app .. one thing though, if you have a bigger room or an extended listening are you may need to add a sub.. if you already have an extra(sub of any kind) ,try it if you run into set up problems with the 1000 pro.. if you end up adding a sub try to get a matching pb 1000 pro...but you may well not need to...

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have the pb 1000 pro as well , it's a great little sub and pretty easy to fine tune thanks to the app .. one thing though, if you have a bigger room or an extended listening are you may need to add a sub.. if you already have an extra(sub of any kind) ,try it if you run into set up problems with the 1000 pro.. if you end up adding a sub try to get a matching pb 1000 pro...but you may well not need to...

I have a small living room. Everything is out of place because we are hosting Thanksgiving dinner tonight, so wife's plants displaced proper position for my right tower for the day.
Been running the sub for several weeks now, and it's been great. It replaced an ancient KSW-15 from ~2002. Talk about a night and day difference.

·
Registered
8,100 Posts
I have a small living room. Everything is out of place because we are hosting Thanksgiving dinner tonight, so wife's plants displaced proper position for my right tower for the day.
Been running the sub for several weeks now, and it's been great. It replaced an ancient KSW-15 from ~2002. Talk about a night and day difference.
night and day was my initial reaction as well, you chose wisely for a small room .. happy thanksgiving and enjoy your new set up....

·
Registered
8,100 Posts
Reactions: alxlwson
1 - 13 of 13 Posts