AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm moving this over from the speaker forum... and would greatly appreciate opinions.

I have a Denon AVR 1908... paired with (2) Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands, (2) V.A. Waltz Grands for front, a V.A. Theatro as center and Bose 301's as rear surround.  I purchased a Lava LSP-12 and found it lacked the level of clarity I was hoping for... although it performed well and is fantastic if I'm listening to the Rolling Stones (you can not help but want to get up and dance).

The SVS technical advisers are directing me to the 2000 series, as my room is about 3400ft^3.  

I can't afford the 2000's.  Heck I shouldn't be buying the 1000's.  But my thought is that if I'm going to purchase a sub... buy the best you can afford.  Not that I'm saying SVS is the best... but the forum response and reviews indicate it is a good decision.

So given the information provided... what do you recommend?  Sealed or Ported?  One last detail which may be a factor... the floor of my room is all slate, with a few area rugs.

60-70% music (all types - Classic, Jazz, R.R to Country, remainder H.T.  ( love the explosions... or subtly of a cracking branch).

Again... thanks for the help.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
I do prefer sealed for music. I've owned four SVS's. Two cylinders, two sealed box. Moved to sealed box, because smaller room.

IMO

For larger rooms, for home theatre get ported

For smaller rooms, for home theatre get sealed

3400 cu feet is quite a large room so I'd get the ported model.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ELJ, FatB... And all, Thank you for the guidance... SVS PB1000 wired-up and it sounds great! Fills the room well... Could always be larger but impressive, very.

One year to save for an upgrade... But can't imagine I'll need it.

Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts