AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Seismic 10 a significant improvement over the PB10-NSD. I notice the Seismic is more than two times the cost of the PB10.

I will use the low level input to hook up so the flexibility of the Seismic is of no extra value of it. I do want to know how much better (if any) the Seismic will be over the PB10.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
975 Posts
Paradigm makes good subs, but it isn't fair to compare the Seismic to the PB10. The PB10 is a great entry level sub that crushes most anything in it's price range sold at a B&M, and if that is the price range you are looking at, you won't be dissatisfied with it.

That being said, if you have $900 to spend on a sub, any of SVS's full size offerings in that price range would be an improvement over the Seismic 10.

If you are concerned about size, check out SVS's SB12+. It compares favorably to the Seismic 10, and is a bit cheaper, without sacrificing any quality.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
The Seismic 10 is a great compact sub(limited to a usable 25Hz),as good as it is not for those looking for anything 20Hz and deeper.

SVS has a monster in the inexpensive PB10-NSD, will dig deeper and costs half!

You simply cannot go around a well designed simple classic ported sub when looking for best cost/performance ratio.The SVS winns the value contest with ease here.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have never heard the PB10, but can say that the VTF2-3 is a great sounding and performing sub. Will give good out put into the mid to lower teens. It is really Good with movies and music alike.

Craigsub has done some testing of this and several other subs. Here is a link to that thread http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=768150 . Not saying that this is the end all of reviews, but still worth a look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.