AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking to get the svs 12nsd sub but now considering the 10 due to cost. I wanted to know is there that much of a difference performance wise. my room is 16x20 and my viewing area is 16x10.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
The subs will perform similarly with the PB12-NSD outperforming the PB10-NSD by about 3-4dB across the board. IMO, your room is on the large side for a single PB10-NSD, but that all depends on your desired listening levels. Unfortunately you need to consider the entire room, not just the "listening area". The PB10 might be more than enough subwoofer if you listen at low to moderate levels. Chances are it'll run out of gas if you crank the volume to spirited levels, though. I'd e-mail SVS and give them your room dimensions and listening habits. They won't try to oversell you and generally give excellent advice.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Are they even offering the PB10 right now? I don't see it listed on their site. I assume that is the as yet unnamed fourth sub they are referring to in their last "news" post though.

Or were you thinking of a used one?

Either way, the bigger the better, so if you can swing it, go for the 12.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im definitely going with the pc 12 i just love the look of that sub and it has a smaller footprint. It also will be more future proof for when i buy a bigger home.

Planning to place my order next week some time. I have a neighbor who constantly blast his music, i can here it threw the walls of my town house at all odd ours of the night. I cant wait to give him a taste of his own medicine.

·
Registered
348 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko1 /forum/post/18213845

Im definitely going with the pc 12 i just love the look of that sub and it has a smaller footprint. It also will be more future proof for when i buy a bigger home.

Planning to place my order next week some time. I have a neighbor who constantly blast his music, i can here it threw the walls of my town house at all odd ours of the night. I cant wait to give him a taste of his own medicine.

Ha Ha, rock on!! I know how that goes, my wife and I had a neighbor in our first apartment that we nicknamed "metal head".

When we signed the lease on the place, we saw that the next door neighbor had a zillion plants (the legal kind) hanging all over in his front window. We figured some little old lady lived next door. How lucky we were.. we thought. Nope, ended up being "metal head". We would have never guessed...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts