AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
READY TO PURCHASE MY SUB TODAY. My room is 23'x13'x8' with a double layer floating floor & double insulated walls. I primarly use the room for Blu Ray movies and xbox 360 and some HD sports. Between SVS PB12-NSD VS. OUTLAW LFM1-EX which one will deliver a harder/cleaner punchy bass? Thanks Guys for your thoughts.


Alan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ /forum/post/18249739


They will both be great subs, so you might as well flip a coin.

Well you certainly made it easy



Can you flip it for me?? LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ox1216 /forum/post/18249938


Well you certainly made it easy



Can you flip it for me?? LOL

If it is truly a coin flip, choose the less expensive (SVS).


The Outlaw is downfiring, the SVS is front. Which do you prefer?


FWIW, from my reading through this site and others, SVS seems to be the better regarded company.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,453 Posts
I have twin LFM-1EX subs, they work well for me. The downfiring design makes the subs pet and kid proof, and the plexiglass top gives the sub high WAF. If you prefer front firing subs your choice is clear, but the LFM-1EX is a nice sub!


I just checked the SVS site, the NSD doesn't have variable tuning like the EX does, and it's out of stock until March 8th.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy /forum/post/18254201


I have twin LFM-1EX subs, they work well for me. The downfiring design makes the subs pet and kid proof, and the plexiglass top gives the sub high WAF. If you prefer front firing subs your choice is clear, but the LFM-1EX is a nice sub!


I just checked the SVS site, the NSD doesn't have variable tuning like the EX does, and it's out of stock until March 8th.


I'm new to AV stuff ( BUT VERY PASSIONATE!!) what does varible tuning allow me to do & is it a true advantage or just a bell/whislte? Thanks


-Alan
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,453 Posts
As the name suggests it allows you to tune the sub in different ways to achieve different objectives. In Max Extension mode the sub will sacrifice some midbass output in order to gain the deepest response. In Max Output the very lowest response is given up to obtain the most output and headroom. All things being equal it's nice to have a choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy /forum/post/18273806


As the name suggests it allows you to tune the sub in different ways to achieve different objectives. In Max Extension mode the sub will sacrifice some midbass output in order to gain the deepest response. In Max Output the very lowest response is given up to obtain the most output and headroom. All things being equal it's nice to have a choice.

Wow. . . I do like that!!!!! When you say "Headroom" what is that refering to? I hear that a lot. Especially with the reciever I'm considering.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,453 Posts
Headroom refers to the subs ability to deliver higher levels of output when called upon without distorting or bottoming out. It's a very good thing to have in a HT!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Damn, I peeked at this thread earlier today which made me look at the Outlaw website and this must've just happened a couple of hours ago because it wasnt there earlier. Plus I didnt realize their free shipping was still in effect. To the OP I dont think you'll find much difference between the two. I have the LFM-1 EX but if the price was right on the SVS when I was shopping around I would've gotten it and not bat an eye.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top