AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, need some help deciding between subwoofers...

I am up in Canada so just don't have all the options as south of the border - at least not without paying a heck of a lot on shipping and potential import fees/duties... so that brings me to this:

SVS PB12-NSD @ $729CAD vs the Velodyne DEQ-15r @ $685CAD

Another option if I do go with a bit smaller and cheaper (although my 3200 cu. ft home theatre space would hate me for it) would be the:

SVS PB10-NSD @ $579CAD vs Velodyne DEQ-12r @ $560CAD

These are basically the best subs I've been able to find at these comparable prices so I'm really hoping to get some thoughts and opinions.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
What sub did you get and what finally influenced you to choose it ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by chashint /forum/post/18432453

What sub did you get and what finally influenced you to choose it ?

Unfortunately I am still sub-less and still doing my research! I'd actually forgot about my own thread here until I did some more lunch-time research and stumbled upon it.

We had a baby girl on Feb 17 so that influenced my decision to hold off a little bit on my sub purchase (at the same time making myself crazy by looking at other options, i.e. DIY, eD, outlaw, list goes on!). Now that she is nearly 2 months old though, I think it's time to 'toughen her up' and introduce her to some intense earth-shaking bass from the basement - hopefully she sleeps through it 2 floors up.

The SVS PB12-NSD is definitely what I want and I have been leaning towards it from the get-go, but I just can't justify the price once I factor in shipping since I can't get it local.

I intend on stopping by the local shop that offered the Velodyne's to see if I can try out a floor model of either the 12" or 15" for a test run, will see how that pans out. I also do like the LED display and ability to control easily via remote.

Maybe I sacrifice some low output with this choice, but I believe the WAF is covered, and I can more easily turn it down if baby is not happy during some intense Band of Brothers or Pacific action...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know much about the Velodyne but I would go for the SVS. It's amazing!! I had mine shipped from Toronto to Alberta and it only cost $65CAD so I don't think shipping should be much of a concern. The PB12-NSD will be a little small for your room. They told me when I phoned that it's made for rooms in the 2500-3000cuft volume. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmalak /forum/post/18478247

I don't know much about the Velodyne but I would go for the SVS. It's amazing!! I had mine shipped from Toronto to Alberta and it only cost $65CAD so I don't think shipping should be much of a concern. The PB12-NSD will be a little small for your room. They told me when I phoned that it's made for rooms in the 2500-3000cuft volume. Good luck with your decision.

That's better than I expected. What was your cost all in? Were you able to deal at all?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.