AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already ordered the SVS PB12-Plus, but the boxes are still on back order. I've been looking at the specs and size difference between the PB12-Plus and the PB13-Ultra. The size of the Ultra is only 2 inches deeper, 1.5 inches wider, and 1 inch taller than the Plus and it comes with a bigger driver and amp.

The Ultra has free shipping, so the cost difference is $461. Is the Ultra really worth the extra $461 over the Plus? (Piano Gloss Black)

I'd appreciate any feedback, especially from folks who have experience with the Plus and the Ultra.

Thanks!

~Dustin

·
Registered
104 Posts
The PB-12 Plus is an excellent sub. A friend of mine has a PB-12 Plus/2 and he loves it.

But the PB-13 Ultra is in a totally different league. It's more musical, it goes deeper, and the slam that comes from it is unlike anything you'll have experienced if this is your first "hyper-sub." It's staggering the change that comes when you move from a Klipsch or Polk 10" to the big leagues.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
I think you know you want it and will most likely regret it if you don't go for the PB13. It is probably worth the $361 difference.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Get the PB13-Ultra rather than soon thinking "what if" you have gotten the PB13-Ultra.

You know you want it!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
If I had the money I'd get the PB13!!! The driver is special.
55 lbs. of manliness.

·
Registered
443 Posts
My PC12-Plus was on the line about to be shipped out within a few hours when I called and upgraded to the Ultra. Leave no doubt, get the Ultra, you will have zero regrets. With the free shipping you are getting an $100 bucks in product rather than paying for shipments... I know I am justifying

Seriously get the Ultra, check out site .

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I've owned several SVS subs, and currently have the Ultra 13. The PB12+ will no doubt whoop some ass, but this Ultra will whoop even more. I still look to make sure the Hulk wasn't actually stomping through my HT room after watching the Ed Norton version a month or two ago. Last night "Babylon AD" had the house shaking. I'd go for the Ultra!

·
Registered
261 Posts
haha.. good one. I can't wait to get an Ultra it will definatley finish off my HT system. You know the saying go big "or" go home.. well this is a win win situation.. go big, go home and enjoy

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did it! I just let SVS know to change my order. The wife will freak a bit at the size, but a mans' gotta do what a mans' gotta do!!!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust~ /forum/post/15545798

I did it! I just let SVS know to change my order. The wife will freak a bit at the size, but a mans' gotta do what a mans' gotta do!!!

Just tell her you could have gotten the Epik Conquest but decided to get the smaller SVS Ultra because you were thinking of her.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Damn, I have a similar dilemma, but I'm looking at a USED, perfect, PB12plus2 for $700 vs. a new Ultra.

James

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My Ultra shipped today!

Now that I've made my decision, the wait is killing me. Can't wait to get some BOOM in my ROOM!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I live in portland OR and would like to here a PB13-Ultra would anyone be open to letting me auditon one ... thanks pm me if yoiu have any questions thanks

·
Registered
3,574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvin /forum/post/16196141

Anybody know what the difference in output is between plus and the ultra.

My guess would be that the Ultra will be about 4db louder than the Plus. Also, the Ultra will do just about everything a bit better than the Plus.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm having the same dilemma. However I am much more concerned about musicality at pretty tame volume. Not so much concerned about movies. According to some of what I've read in various places the 12 may outperform the 13 in the mid bass arena, so I'm wondering if it may provide a more appreciable sound when listening to music that doesn't feature effects, especially if it is never cranked near reference volume.

I also like the price and smaller size of the 12.

But, am I going to kick myself? SVS suggests the 12 and I know I'll have issues with size and pricetag with the WAF. So what do you think?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am also interested in the Plus. I am looking to upgrade my Epik Valor. I wonder if the Plus would be an upgrade in overall output and deeper extension. The Ultra is just out of my budget.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts