AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First my disclaimer statement-I,m no expert at all but here goes. My setup is, 42" Vizio, Yamaha RXV-1800, Panasonic BD-50, Klipsch KG3.2 fronts (soon to be RF-82 mine got damaged in shipping) RC-62, RS-52, Bose 161 S backs. And finally my new PC12-NSD. My room is 12'W X 14.5'Deep, with 9' ceilings,

front wall is open too the kitchen. Music is outstanding, cable tv has some good HD channels, but last night on the way home I bought the Hulk too try!!

So far I have been pretty happy with the NSD, but last night was a new experience. I was blown away at the sound and quality of my bass. Never had it like this. I could actually feel it!!! My dogs wouldn't stop freakin out.

My only complaint-thanks too this forum is.......Now I'm thinking about adding

another sub, maybe a plus or another NSD. Got a small taste and thats all it

took. Worst drug out there. Be warned, you'll never be the same. Eric

·
Registered
47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbugr /forum/post/15516355

First my disclaimer statement-I,m no expert at all but here goes. My setup is, 42" Vizio, Yamaha RXV-1800, Panasonic BD-50, Klipsch KG3.2 fronts (soon to be RF-82 mine got damaged in shipping) RC-62, RS-52, Bose 161 S backs. And finally my new PC12-NSD. My room is 12'W X 14.5'Deep, with 9' ceilings,

front wall is open too the kitchen. Music is outstanding, cable tv has some good HD channels, but last night on the way home I bought the Hulk too try!!

So far I have been pretty happy with the NSD, but last night was a new experience. I was blown away at the sound and quality of my bass. Never had it like this. I could actually feel it!!! My dogs wouldn't stop freakin out.

My only complaint-thanks too this forum is.......Now I'm thinking about adding

Eric... I just got my PC-12-NSD yesterday and I agree with you 100% .... I am not an expert reviewer since this is my first sub... but this thing amazes me how you don't just hear the bass... you actually feel the bass.... so far this was worth every penny... If I had the room I would consider dual subs.. but I Will probably be hearing impaired in the next year

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Just placed my order today for a PC12-NSD. It will be joining my recently purchased KEFs (three iQ5's for L/C/R and two iQ1's for surround).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
srauly, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Enjoy

I had a friend over last night and we watched the Hulk, it was aesome watching her jump out of her seat on some of the scenes..

·
Registered
443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbugr /forum/post/15516355

Now I'm thinking about adding

HaHa, exact reason I went with the Ultra. I took the advice of a few people on here who said, "But more sub than you will ever need". The Ultra broke the bank but then again that's what tax refunds are for

Glad your enjoying your purchase, much like others, the Ultra is the first high-end sub I have owned, and yeah, I did not know how much bass you can actually feel.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
So I finally got the loft in my new house set up with my old front projector and my new KEF speakers and SVS PC12-NSD subwoofer. The subwoofer certainly does not disappoint. I think the fact that it's a loft with hardwood flooring results in more noticeable subwoofer "feeling" than I'd likely get if my movie room was in the basement. I watched War of the Worlds (specifically because I had heard that the bass was pretty amazing) and it was definitely intense.

The jury is still out on my KEFs (iQ5's in front, iQ3's for surrounds). I'm hearing some harshness/distortion at louder volumes, but it may be that my room is too large for the size of KEFs I bought, or it could be that I've got too many hard surfaces. The latter will hopefully be addressed soon with some room treatments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts