·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought :-

1) Def Tech PC800 speakers * 4

2) Def Tech PC1000 center Channel

3) Def Tech Super Cube 3 Sub

Is new cylindrical SVS PC12-NSD better than Def Tech Super Cube 3 Sub?

I can still return my def tech speakers if required as I have 30 day return policy.

new edited part :-

As I have mentioned I got Def Tech. SCIII for $352, I have budget restrictions. So which one would you suggest for price range of below $400. . or my SCIII is nice for this price range. I want a sub-woofer not a Bass module. If the sub is big in size it is fine, I do not have a size issue, I want a better sound. Thanks.

Regards,

Dewang

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have got the super cube 3 for only $352 in an awesome deal , whereas the New PC12-NSD will cost me $549.

So if New PC12-NSD is better is it that better that I should spend $200 more?

And If i go with New PC12-NSD , do I need to change my front main L/R speakers to match.

I will be buying probably denon 2809 receiver. Is my current system nice or I need a major revamp? Thanks.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomike /forum/post/15423211

The SC3 would not even come close to the PC12. It's just too small. The PC12 is a real sub, meaning it can put out bass down to below what you can hear. You don't need to change your front speakers.

I agree with your recommendation that the OP switch to the PC-12 NSD, however, I don't agree with your statement that ONLY subs that can reproduce frequencies lower than you can hear are "real subs".

There are an awful lot of people out there with SVS 25-31s who would strongly disagree with you.

I personally don't recommend the SCIII, but as we have heard from individuals who buy subs like the BIC H-100, PA 120 and others, they are REAL subwoofers that are good to about 25 Hz.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot for all the recommendations, but now I am confused.

As I have mentioned I got Def Tech. SCIII for $352, I have budget restrictions. So which one would you suggest for price range of below $400. . or my SCIII is nice for this price range. I want a sub-woofer not a Bass module. If the sub is big in size it is fine, I do not have a size issue, I want a better sound. Thanks.

Thanks.

Dev

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.