AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard both of these subs? I'm considering both due to small footprint and price range.

I have a large room 17.5L x 21W x 10H that also opens up to a kitchen.

I'm not expecting big bass (like my old Servo 15), just something to spice up movies.

I'm thinking Ascend 340's, Paradigm Mini Monitors, or Paradigm Studio 20's as my Mains (with corresponding centers).

Will these subs be OK or will I be disappointed? My next in line would be the Titan or SVS 20-39plus but I really want the smaller footprint.

Thanks for any inputs.

Paul

·
Registered
975 Posts
YOu probably should contact both companies, and see what they recommend with your give room size.

Mike D. & crew or SVS would be more than willing to help you out.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
For movie effects in that large a volume. I'd be looking at a pair of 20-39 Pluses or two PB12NSD's or one PB12NSD/2 from SVS, a pair of Titans or a Maestro from ACI.

I agree with Rockem' that you should contact both companies with your room layout and get recommendations.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Why did you get rid of the Servo-15? I think compared to that sub you will be dissappointed by either in that size room, especially if it then opens up to a kitchen unless you keep it nearfield.

If you can swing the size difference, definately go with the Titan or 20-39 (if you don't mind the cylinder).

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Hmm, thats quite a large space. Do you intend to have the subwoofers pretty close to the listening position? Do contact ACI and SVS though as they can probably offer some advice to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts