AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im on the market for 2 x sealed subwoofers and despite lots of reading and utilizing Google I have been unable to find out which out of the two subs has the most useable output 20hz and below. ( manufacturer's specs aside). The Rythmik states 14hz (+/- 2db) and the SVS 20hz (+/-3db) but of course in the real world that may not be the case. I use for both music and movies 50%. Does anyone have links that show what these subs perform like? Thoughts?

·
Registered
14,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconxr6  /t/1466804/svs-sb13-ultra-vs-rythmikthmic-f12se#post_23166303

Im on the market for 2 x sealed subwoofers and despite lots of reading and utilizing Google I have been unable to find out which out of the two subs has the most useable output 20hz and below. ( manufacturer's specs aside). The Rythmik states 14hz (+/- 2db) and the SVS 20hz (+/-3db) but of course in the real world that may not be the case. I use for both music and movies 50%. Does anyone have links that show what these subs perform like? Thoughts?

hopefully i can shed some light because i was just in your situation. I originally thought I needed a sealed sub because I listen to lots of music. after hours and hours of research and emails to internet direct companies, I pulled the trigger on a psa xs30, but that was a premature move. further research revieled that there are very good ported subs out there that work great for music and offer that killer low end response. so i ended up with dual xv15's from psa. still waiting on them to ship...point is i would only go sealed if you need a small sub due to space limitations. if you have the room get a ported sub in a bigger enclosure. a couple of options are rythmik lv12, hsu vtf-3 mk4, svs pb12-nsd, psa xv15, outlaw lfm1-ex.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the issue, room. I had to sell the SVS PB12plus due to the new arrangements. In Australia we have limited resources when it comes to quality subwoofers. No shops have the SVS or Rythmik for demo. They all have to be purchased via the net unless your in one state, Melbourne. And that is just the distributors, no shop. Plus secondly, I want the gloss black piano finish. At least it must also look nice!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconxr6  /t/1466804/svs-sb13-ultra-vs-rythmik-f12se/0_60#post_23166303

There are threads with measurements in the " Sub Zone " at Home Theater Shack for the Rythmik F15HP and SVS SB13-Ultra if that helps. Just as a heads up with the graphs, they are not done with the CEA-2010 methodology/metrics (at least in regards to distortion limits), so they may not e comparable to others that are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts