AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought a SVS sub -- amazing.

This got me to wondering if I would like - nay love - their speakers as well.

I currently have a Deftech Procinema 1000 setup:

Promonitor 1000 FL/FR

Procenter 2000 C

and was thinking of changing to the

SBS-02 for FL/FR

SCS-02(c) C

-or-

SCS-02(m) FL/FR

SCS-02(c) C

Cost wise, I think I can sell my deftech's to more or less copver the cost of the swithc, but wanted to know if anyone has compared the above and can offer an opinion. Would this be an upgrade, downgrade, or alteral move?

I have a small/medium sized room and listen to 100% HT and TV. No music whatsoever.

thanks!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
What do you find lacking in your DefTech setup? Those are really good value speakers.

Can you afford to get the SVS first, and use the 30 day return period to choose?

Probably not a huge upgrade, but we make changes for all kinds of reasons

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick240 /forum/post/20880316

What do you find lacking in your DefTech setup? Those are really good value speakers.

Can you afford to get the SVS first, and use the 30 day return period to choose?

Probably not a huge upgrade, but we make changes for all kinds of reasons

I'm generally pretty happy with the setup. 2 things had me thinking about a change -- I occasionally notice speech through the center sounds a bit muddled (have adjusted MCACC and levels) but thats about it (and don't get me wrong - i'm nit picking there). My center is surrounded on either side by equipement, so i was worried about losing/affecting the passive radiators on the center also (I don't know if this is a real or perceived problem)

More, this was a responce to how good the sub I got was, and thinking maybe I should check out the speakers.....I was thinking about demoing, but wanted to see if the board had any sage advice first.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
As an SVS owner myself, I just can't tell you whether you'll have an improvement at all, as I never heard your DT's though.

Furthermore, I'm pretty happy with my SCS-01 LCR + SBS-01 S/SB setup.

In other hand, I can assure you that you'll be much better served with SCS-02's for your front array, over the SBS/SCS setup though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.