AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question was asked over at the ***************, but hasn't gotten any responses so I thought I'd try it here.

I recently got an SVS 16-46PC (awesome!), and it's sitting right behind my Mits 65807, almost but not quite touching it (probably not the best position soundwise, but it meets the WAF criteria). Before I ordered the SVS, while I was shopping for subs, a salesman actually mentioned that putting the sub so close behind the TV might set up a resonance in the TV that could mess up the convergence. True? Are there any other problems that might be caused by this bass-monster being right next to an RPTV?

David

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
It will probably rattle the TV. Seriously.

So if you can possibly find another location, I heartily recommend it.

Regards,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"It will probably rattle the TV. Seriously. So if you can possibly find another location, I heartily recommend it."

Well, sadly my only choices are directly behind the TV on the front wall (where it's at now), or to the side/rear of the TV in the corner where the front wall and side wall meet (about 2 1/2 feet from where it is now). I've been trying to decide where it sounds best, but with this added issue, I guess I better move it to the corner (but it's a small enough move that I doubt it'll make much difference). Then again, with the bass that these things produce, I wonder if having the sub on the other side of the room would protect the TV.

Which brings me back to my original issue. Can an RPTV be thrown out of adjustment (convergence or otherwise) by heavy bass?

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.