·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of questions...

Q. How well does the SVS Subs integrate with the Rockets for

a) Movies

b) Music

Q. What are people's thoughts on having the UFW-10 for music, and using a SVS sub for movies?

(Yes, most (all?) dual sub users are the same brand, but I'm curious if anyone has tried dual subs, but with mixed brands?

I'm don't need reference level volumes, only

i) Extension (for movies)

ii) Clarity, aka "fast" sub (for music)

I have the RS750 (orginals! classic?), 200 (center=bigfoot), and 300 (surrounds)

I have not yet posted this on the av123 forum(s), so apologies if it should be there.

Peace

·
Banned
11,550 Posts
A good subwoofer from SVS will easily work with the Rocket speakers, I have used both the PB2+ and B4+ with Rockets.

Also - Your signature suggests that you would like to look at the UFW-12. There was a post on AV123 that the UFW-12 will finally be available in December...

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by craigsub
A good subwoofer from SVS will easily work with the Rocket speakers, I have used both the PB2+ and B4+ with Rockets.

Also - Your signature suggests that you would like to look at the UFW-12. There was a post on AV123 that the UFW-12 will finally be available in December...
Thx Craig. Wow, some heavy hitter subs there :) Fortunately my needs (wants! lol) aren't that demanding.

Yes, I've been waiting patiently, believe it or not, for over a year for the UFW-12 ... a few reasons...

It's a weird combination of price, performance, and aesthetics that I want met, and didn't want to compromise on any ... which means I wait. In the end I'd rather wait until I have something that I'm truly happy with, then getting something now that does the job well but will always have that nagging feeling that I could of waited for it.

Another reason is because I want a sub with deep extension (minimum 20 Hz), and the UFW-10 doesn't "quite" fit the bill... now only if it was tuned to less then 20 Hz ... :)

It would be nice to use a sub that was designed "together" or specifically "for" the same "brand" of speakers.

That' great to hear the UFW-12 should (finally!) be out in December. Heck, what's a few more months. I'm looking forward to seeing how to stacks up against its competitors ... it's got its work cut out!

Peace

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.