AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've hardly seen any pictures of these. Just received my pair yesterday.

Reactions: TomC1315

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those look great. Wish SVS offered the finish on more than just the bookshelves.
Yeah, they look great in person. I wonder how my dads towers would look in the gloss white.. I emailed them asking how much for a custom SB13 Ultra. They wouldn't even consider.. :(

·
Premium Member
8,899 Posts
I've hardly seen any pictures of these. Just received my pair yesterday.

Look nice:)

Those look great. Wish SVS offered the finish on more than just the bookshelves.

+1
I did not even know it was available

Yeah, they look great in person. I wonder how my dads towers would look in the gloss white.. I emailed them asking how much for a custom SB13 Ultra. They wouldn't even consider.. :(

Look like a very well done finish.
More than likely, not enough demand for white.
Most people when watching movies want the speaker to disappear (so black or a dark color).

I can understand for a music room and décor is important, than my previous point about movie would be nil.

Anyhow, thanks for the pictures and enjoy:)

Ray

·
Registered
18 Posts
What kind of stands whould you use on those speakers? Also white, or just black ones....

It certainly looks great this white gloss finish; very high WAF... :) They should have a matching white gloss center for it also.... :(

The grills are also white right? How does that look?

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
white speakers are a bad idea in a home cinema, they are distracting. Tried to tell that to another guy and he buys white speakers, and they stand out when watching a movie. Then came back saying they are distracting so probably move those to the rears and buy the same speakers for fronts but in darker colour.

Like grey or white TV surrounds. Look nice till you watch a movie then you get a piece of black card cut it to the shape of the TV surround and fix it with blu tack LOL

·
Registered
18 Posts
white speakers are a bad idea in a home cinema, they are distracting. Tried to tell that to another guy and he buys white speakers, and they stand out when watching a movie. Then came back saying they are distracting so probably move those to the rears and buy the same speakers for fronts but in darker colour.

Like grey or white TV surrounds. Look nice till you watch a movie then you get a piece of black card cut it to the shape of the TV surround and fix it with blu tack LOL
If your "home cinema" is designed like a copy of the dark / all black local movie theater, then I think you are right. In most normal houses, people have their stuff in the living room and most of the time, the walls are already white, so I don't think such white gloss speakers would be as distracting anymore under such circumstances. Maybe even get camouflaged better due to the white background of the wall itself...

actually now I think of it, in case if you leave the grill off, the woofer and tweeter might even appear to float in a room with a white background wall.... :):)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow they look awesome.
For those who might want white SVS towers and center speakers, there’s a solution. Buy the ash black versions on approval. If you decide they are keepers, begin a simple DIY project by removing the drivers and disconnecting the two wires to each. Then take the cabinets to an auto paint shop for a professional painting of shiny white (or other color). When I called a paint shop about this, they said they paint all kinds of items and speaker cabinets should be no problem. The person who could give me an idea of costs was out, but I bet the cost would not be much more than the SVS piano black premium.

I called SVS about this. They said the painting would void the 45 day return policy, however, they would still honor the warranty for the interior components. I eventually decided against white speakers for my dedicated home theater for reasons stated in previous posts. Cabinet painting might also be an option in dealing with the WAF.

·
Registered
515 Posts

The white looks great! ..For some of us (not saying this is so in this case) we need to keep peace with our significant others who put up with our AV obsession. Even if you're an avid movie watcher you're using your gear for a mere fraction of the day. ..If white fits your decor better than black, then go with white. ..If the white color is distracting during movies, then simply drape a dark towel over the enclosure during movies.

Reactions: TomC1315

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What kind of stands whould you use on those speakers? Also white, or just black ones....

It certainly looks great this white gloss finish; very high WAF... :) They should have a matching white gloss center for it also.... :(

The grills are also white right? How does that look?
Sorry for the late reply, yes they're white. However they don't match the greatest, but can't expect that with white. Look better off to me anyways.

Wow they look awesome.

Horrible for home theater ... but good god they are pretty. I really want to hear these svs's
45 day free trial. I don't know what you're waiting for.

I think white looks horrible, and would think its distracting, but to each his own.

Why do you guys only think home theater? Get your heads out of the gutter, isn't there something called music :confused:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, yes they're white. However they don't match the greatest, but can't expect that with white. Look better off to me anyways.

45 day free trial. I don't know what you're waiting for.

Why do you guys only think home theater? Get your heads out of the gutter, isn't there something called music :confused:
I listen to lots of music...in my Home theater.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought these for the 2 channel Hi-Fi.
Yeah you've showed me a pic some where else :p Not too shabby.

I listen to lots of music...in my Home theater.
Not the same as having it mostly dedicated to music though. If I was worried about them being a distraction I wouldn't even get Piano black as they'd reflect. Even when compared to my dads Piano black I wouldn't find my distracting. Just my opinion from what I've experienced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just out of curiosity - when an SVS subwoofer gets sent back within the 45 trial - as many seem to do; do those same subs get sent back out again as "new". I assume that aren't then sold as second hand?
If so, how do you know if the sub you buy wasn't in someone else's home for a few weeks on a 'trial run'? I have often wondered about that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
They are sold as "outlet stock." You'll find it under the special's link on the SVS site....Discounted...usually with the description "Outlet Special: No damage. Factory inspected and tested. 5-Year Unconditional Warranty and complete Bill of Rights coverage."

Other's obviously are scratch and dent (also discounted), but would explicitly mention it with high res photos.

I've bought from SVS outlet and was extremely happy with the purchase.

Just out of curiosity - when an SVS subwoofer gets sent back within the 45 trial - as many seem to do; do those same subs get sent back out again as "new". I assume that aren't then sold as second hand?
If so, how do you know if the sub you buy wasn't in someone else's home for a few weeks on a 'trial run'? I have often wondered about that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts