AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one should get some people going...

As far as complete home theater systems go, which one of these companies would you guys recommend?

I currently own a Pioneer Elite VSX-91TXH with a Bose surround system and I'm looking to upgrade. My room is about 14X14 with an opening into the kitchen area. Let me know what you guys think. I will mainly use the system for gaming and movies with a little music mixed in.

Thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Of those two? SVS, but there are a lot of well loved speaker packages out there, especially if you look at 5.0 sets and get your sub separately, either from the same company or a different one.

Look up Elemental Designs on any Car Audio forum, or better yet, Google "Elemental Designs Tang Band". The company has quite a history from their time in the Car Audio market. Why these tales have never even been mentioned here, I have no clue. Honestly, from everything I've heard, this doesn't seem like the type of company I want to be buying a huge pile of my gear from. If anyone has a counter argument, feel free. Also, I'd like to clarify that I have NO personal experience with ED. I am just telling you what MANY have said about them.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
They also screwed TC Sounds, not just TB.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
eD speakers ROCK!!!!!! I have the A6-6T6 Towers and the A6-6T6 MTM Center Speaker. With the package discount through eD, I paid less than $600 for all three speakers. They sound MUCH better than the $1500 LCR I previously had. However, the eD Sub wait is WAY TOO LONG. I waited on mine for 5 weeks, then was told it would be another 3 to 5 weeks. I ended up purchasing an SVS PB12-NSD Sub to go with the eD speakers and love them.

I haven't heard the SVS speakers, but have heard the Ascends and I prefer the Sound Quality of the eD over the Ascends, and they are MUCH cheaper than the Ascends since eD knocks off 15% when you order a package, plus there is no shipping costs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts