AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay,

I need to order an amp for my sv sound 25-31. I have a rack for my audio gear and was thinking about doing something like a behringer a500.

I have a budget of $200, and this is a HT setup, so my reciever is going to be handling the low pass.

I was also looking at plate amps, but that would mean I would ahve to fab up something to hold it, and honestly I have this rack and would like to take advantage of it.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
$200.........you are best to go on www.partsexpress.com and go with the plate amp and build a very simple box for it.

That way you know you have a quality amp, enough power, and building something is always kind of fun!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgillyjcu /forum/post/0

$200.........you are best to go on and go with the plate amp and build a very simple box for it.

That way you know you have a quality amp, enough power, and building something is always kind of fun!

i have thought about that. A bash audio 300w plate amp is like 125, and I could build a simple parimeter box out of white board (pine) and be done with it, but honeslty I would like something that is rack mounted. If I have to get a shelf for it, and rack shelfs are not cheap.

The behringer is highly rated and at $180 with freeshipping from zsounds it fits my budget. no fuss. and it will look nice in my install rack being that its designed for that sort of thing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.