Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with Diva's...a Favor to ask.

When you get a chance, please remove the Speaker terminal unit on the rear of the C3. Check the wiring, and let me know what wires are connected to what external terminal...

This is not as stupid a question as it may sound...

Based on Phase testing using the AVIA disk, I blieve mine were mis-wired...

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Jeff,

I will try to check for you today. Gotta find it first.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Jeff,

The three clear ummarked wires terminate at black while the 3 with red stripes on them terminate at red. At least on mine.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wires with the Red stripe were connected to my Black terminal, and the bare wires to the Red...

Explains why I've been out-of-phase...

Thanx for the help...

A simple fix, just swapped the wires from the Receiver. I had suspected this, cause the phase tests just dodn't seem quite right. Unfortunately, my Center and Left speaker are so close together, that the "image" and "mush" were hardly indistinguishable...

Now they are :D

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
:) Any chance of spreading the front array for proper imaging?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In this particular room, not a chance...

See the attached phot for my constraints...

The opening on the left of the picture is about 12 feet wide, opeining to the nook/Kitchen. To thr right, thats a small hallway to the foyer, with about 6' more wall to its right...

I'm going to work on a sketch, as I'm planning to ask the "Forum" for advice on whether I can make 7.1 work??

Thanx for responding

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Jeff,

Is it possible to move the SVS and equipment rack to the other side of the hallway door, and snake the cables under the carpet? That would give you a little room to spread the Divas out and give them room to breath. That way you could also pull them out from the back wall a little, and in front of the plane of the TV further. Even inches could help.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I ge around to building the entertainment cabinet, the options will open up...

Right now, I'm waiting anxioulsy for Rockets (750, 300,200)...And the Diva's will be gone...

The sub may actually play a little louder in the left rear of the room, picture perspective...but that ends up only 4' from my sitting position.

Actually, just a tidbit of info..until last week, I had the audio cabinet next to the TV, and the left speaker outboard of it...That was worse..I know have better imaging (speakers are 2-3" in front of TV)...

On another note...I've been researching ampliefiers/receivers...

And I am coming down to the realization: HK AVR8000 (Apex is going to have another deal on the 17th, I believe) can be had this year, with some pursuasion of the significant other...Or wait a year or two...and go for the Outlaw combo...

I've seen your comments on other threads...Coming from an Onkyo 575x, I'm sure the HK will blow me away...But this is a budget concious (hence the Rockets) hobby...and I won't be upgrading again for sometime.

I DON'T wanting to be longing for something better. I'm 80+% HT.

Thank You Russ, for the time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sounds like you will end up with the same setup as I have.

The H/K from Apex and the Rockets, and I am still deciding on the SVS.

H/K is a great product in my opinion especially in terms of upgrading in the future.

This is also a budget concious hobby for me so I know what you mean.

Good luck with finding the proper position.

Fronts should be equi distant from the center channel and, with you at the apex, in an equilateral triangle as far as distances.

..........so I read.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HiDef..are hinting that the HK AVR8000 is in someway upgradeable???

by the way...I have the SVS 20-39PC...and LOVE IT!!!...And my room volume is 17x40x9 OVER 6000cubic feet.

On my Onkyo 575x, I have the Sub OUTPUT turned down -6 relative to the other speakers, and the sub's volume at ~75%

Incredible

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Jeff,

The H/K can only be upgraded in the sense you can use it as a pre, or also use an outboard pre, and the internal amps if you choose. It's very versatile in that regard. I have one and can't find anything I don't like about it. I've used it with my Outlaw 770 amp, and it makes an outstanding pre/pro as well as receiver. L7 is killer.

IMHO, the Divas/Rockets are only budget in that you would have to pay considerably more elsewhere for the kind of performance they turn out. In every other respect, they are top shelf.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But on the Moving Pictures CD, a couple of songs in particular tell me this sub is VERY fast for musical applications...

Try "Tom Sawyer", and Limelight" at higher volumes...AWESOME BASS...

Not sure how low it is...but at 60 on my 575x, I FEEL the bass drum...

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Jeff,

Move your left speaker to the other side of the audio cabinet. Move you TV over to the left where your speaker was and leave your right speaker right where it is or flush with the right openning. This will give you better soundstage and imaging with out having to move anything major. Try to move the two speakers slightly forward of the TV if possible.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I shift anything further left...My loveseat (left off the picture) will end up in the Kitchen...

I have considered shifting right...and putting the Right speaker on the other side of the Doorway...and giving the left speaker more room to breathe...

Wife doesn't like that idea either...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.