AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey all,

Thought I would start up a conversation about Swan Speakers. AKA HiVi

Has anyone had any experience with them? I know Swan is a great speaker but I was wondering how they have been sense they were bought by the Chinese company HiVi.

I have to say there F series looks really nice. Almost too nice considering the price. I was thinking about buying some for the truck just to see if they still live up to what they used to be. At the price they are asking $186 for a Full set. It almost seems worth just buying them to try out. The D series looks nice too. It's got a 3" Voice coil on the mid driver. They even offer nice folded tweeters that are available. What does everyone think?

I feel compelled to ask "even though I know I shouldn't" But how would you all say they compare to others such-as:

Hybrid Audio

Seas

ScanSpeak

Morel

Also, Has anyone heard of Satori? They look really nice too.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Last I heard, Hivi made HAT speakers (hybrid audio).

Going to be next to impossible to beat the scans. Klippel proven Le, linear Xmax etc... While expensive you really get what you pay for. I used to be a huge morel fan. After listening to them, while they are very good, for the money, in my opinion, you can get better. And as good or better cheaper for sure.

Seas makes nice drivers. Have heard several very nice car systems with seas drivers.

I realize SQ is totally subjective. My favorite tweeter is the bohlendar graebenar neo 3 pdr. Planar. Amazing quality and realism. Crosses low as well.

My current mid is a pro audio 8 from B&C. Great sensitivity, good induction control for reduced distortion, enough linear Xmax for authoritative. Midbass, smooth midrange. Handle the car environment with ease. Plays high enough to cross to the tweeter. Yes there is probably beaming. I can't tell.

If you haven't given the pro audio world of solidly engineered drivers a look, please do. Less marketing and more science. Voodoo does not last long in the pro audio world.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Anyone have any idea as too why hybrid audio technologies speakers prices have been skyrocketing? I haven't check up on them for awhile but the clarus's are $600+ now. What happened? And the Legatia drivers themselves are in the $500+ range as-well.

Why would someone buy them for those prices when you could buy a set of Scanspeak for less? And Scanspeak are so-post to be the expensive ones...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts