AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm currently upgrading my computer audio system and require some advise. I'm running my swan mk200's through an asus xonar essence stx for gaming and music in a 10' x 10' room and want to throw a subwoofer in the mix.

I'm currently looking at an audioengine s8, however I've read some things that say it isn't value for money (sloppy bass, ect). I like the idea of the s8 though for easy connection, stx - s8 - speakers all using RCA cables. Nice and easy.

Can anyone recommend a sub of better quality for similar price and connectivity as the s8? (~$400 +/-$200).

Thanks in advance,

Gus.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions guys, appreciate it. In terms of connecting everything though I think I'm going to take the easy way out. I haven't bought the swans yet so I'm going to change speakers to either audioengine a5's or aktimate mini's. They both have RCA out at the back and alot of subs seem to RCA in. The only sub I can find with RCA out is the audioengine s8.

Just looking at the x-ref subs though, why don't they have crossover or phase controll?

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobbygon  /t/1415834/swan-m200mkiii-subwoofer-companion-400-audioengine-s8-alternative#post_22142996

Just looking at the x-ref subs though, why don't they have crossover or phase controll?

Do you mean why don't they have traditional knobs for those functions? If so, a lot of the configuration on the X-Ref subs is done using the DSP, which utilizes a digital interface.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts