AVS Forum banner

2221 - 2240 of 4011 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
The 6.1s have two sets of posts, specifically for bi-amping. I was unable to find any pictures or specs on the 6.2 for comparison. On the 6.1s, the difference in clarity and detail from bi-amping with my equipment is large...

·
Registered
2,982 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterColin /forum/post/16243040

There were some girls but it was a thursday night which is not a big party night at my school.

where in the HELL do you go to school where thursday is not considered a big party night? lol

·
Registered
2,362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybe /forum/post/16244809

I need a center channel with some guts. Can the C3 (tweet-on-top style) swing it?

akaik, they don't make the top mount any more. and i have yet to power up my C3. @ 200hrs break in, it will be 2 years before they sound better.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigred7078 /forum/post/16244155

where in the HELL do you go to school where thursday is not considered a big party night? lol

Ripon, WI. Friday is a heavy class day and Thursday is a very light day for most students. Wed. Is a big party night. I just don't have class till 1pm on Friday so I drink on Thursdays.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
just watched a movie, JUMPER. i had my surrounds (old mains) set too high. the movie wasn't the greatest. but the sound was good'ish.

i listened to the C3, sounded good.

i hearby retract my "no bass" statement. i had mcacc set incorrectly. they have pretty darn good bass. they did indeed have output at 20hz.

i just LOVE the way these look ! my room is starting to look real good, and these are just candy in that room = exactly what i wanted.

except the grills, i think i like the darker ones more.

OH. when i was flexin the drivers. i heard noises inside the port on one speaker. i looked inside, and saw the stuffing flopping around. so i am going to have to go inside and check that out.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'm thinking about upgrading my front speakers to Swan F1.1F or 2.2F, for those that have listened to them can you share your thoughts on them? Any feedback would be highly appreciated. I'm working with CP on getting them just looking for more feedback as it wont hurt. I'll be upgrading from Polk Audio RTi12s so is the upgrade worth it?

·
Registered
5,157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherardp /forum/post/16255673

I'm thinking about upgrading my front speakers to Swan F1.1F or 2.2F, for those that have listened to them can you share your thoughts on them? Any feedback would be highly appreciated. I'm working with CP on getting them just looking for more feedback as it wont hurt. I'll be upgrading from Polk Audio RTi12s so is the upgrade worth it?

Looking at your pictures, I'm not sure you have room up front for either of these given the limited space between your screen and the side walls... both need some space from the front wall as well. I'd say they would be a huge upgrade from your Polks, but I'm not sure your room can accommodate them without decreasing your screen size 20-30%.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
i think they would be fine. "IF" they were placed as close as possible to the screen. "AND" some GOOD absorbtion was placed on the side walls.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hopkins /forum/post/16255702

Looking at your pictures, I'm not sure you have room up front for either of these given the limited space between your screen and the side walls... both need some space from the front wall as well. I'd say they would be a huge upgrade from your Polks, but I'm not sure your room can accommodate them without decreasing your screen size 20-30%.

Stephen and Fab, I appreciate your feedback. I did some measuring and I think with some slight toe in they should work but youre right I may have to go down in screen size. Room is 14x22. I initially wanted to go with 2.3B but I know they are too big for sure. Im hoping the 1.1 or 2.2 will work though. Do you guys have any real images of the F1.1F, I searched Google all night to see them in some real world systems, not many around.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherardp /forum/post/16260553

Stephen and Fab, I appreciate your feedback. I did some measuring and I think with some slight toe in they should work but youre right I may have to go down in screen size. Room is 14x22. I initially wanted to go with 2.3B but I know they are too big for sure. Im hoping the 1.1 or 2.2 will work though. Do you guys have any real images of the F1.1F, I searched Google all night to see them in some real world systems, not many around.

You should give the F2.2 some space at the back since they're rear-ported. Bringing them forward should also make them a little less obstructive of the screen and allow you to do more toe-in. Remember, the F2.2s are deep speakers. You may still need to downsize your present screen.

The F2.2HT set is great for music and HT. They really go down low in the bass department and need no subs. But if you want to heave the seats, they can do with some 10-20hz assist from a pair of super-subs. I should know, I have the the F2.2HT. Love em

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie7 /forum/post/16261285

You should give the F2.2 some space at the back since they're rear-ported. Bringing them forward should also make them a little less obstructive of the screen and allow you to do more toe-in. Remember, the F2.2s are deep speakers. You may still need to downsize your present screen.

The F2.2HT set is great for music and HT. They really go down low in the bass department and need no subs. But if you want to heave the seats, they can do with some 10-20hz assist from a pair of super-subs. I should know, I have the the F2.2HT. Love em

I'll definitely be bringing them forward from the wall and toe them in as mentioned. Today I did some measuring and think they will work. Just waiting on quote.

·
Registered
227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherardp /forum/post/16261777

I'll definitely be bringing them forward from the wall and toe them in as mentioned. Today I did some measuring and think they will work. Just waiting on quote.

Damn, I just noticed your in Japan. I was going to say talk to Chris over @ Cleveland Plasma for a "quote". Maybe he can setup a group buy in deal so more of us can get in on these....hint hint.

·
Registered
227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricator /forum/post/16249130

just watched a movie, JUMPER. i had my surrounds (old mains) set too high. the movie wasn't the greatest. but the sound was good'ish.

i listened to the C3, sounded good.

i hearby retract my "no bass" statement. i had mcacc set incorrectly. they have pretty darn good bass. they did indeed have output at 20hz.

i just LOVE the way these look ! my room is starting to look real good, and these are just candy in that room = exactly what i wanted.

except the grills, i think i like the darker ones more.

OH. when i was flexin the drivers. i heard noises inside the port on one speaker. i looked inside, and saw the stuffing flopping around. so i am going to have to go inside and check that out.

Hey Jesse,

So how the 6.1's holding up, did you look further into that driver issue? Wondering how your enjoying them??

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Thank you guys for the Diva info and the links to all of those pics. Very helpful!

I am getting close to making a decision. Diva 6.1, D2.1se or ED W6. The pure sexiness of the D2.1se is hard to resist. I just wish my room was set up better.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiepoo1 /forum/post/16263905

Damn, I just noticed your in Japan. I was going to say talk to Chris over @ Cleveland Plasma for a "quote". Maybe he can setup a group buy in deal so more of us can get in on these....hint hint.

Im working with CP on this deal and waiting on him to give me some feedback on price. I planning to go 1.1 or 2.2 if the price is right. Looking forward to more fun with these new toys.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I got my 6.1s in today; Superb packaging. (!)

I have the mismatched grilles mentioned earlier as well. Waiting on a PM from Kraig about that. Will post pics.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiepoo1 /forum/post/16263969

Hey Jesse,

So how the 6.1's holding up, did you look further into that driver issue? Wondering how your enjoying them??

so far, so good. though i don't have much time on em.

i pulled the driver. the stuffing i saw, i pushed it down under the port. have yet to retest em.

note :

the 8" drivers magnets are about 1" thick, and the same size as the cone.

stamped baskets.

nice wire. soldered to the speaker.

i did find cabinet flaws. i don't know if its glue, finish, or band-=aid patch. but there is some "stuff" at the front & back left corner, and a smudge on the side. in my lighting, its not seen, though now "I" know its there

now, someone in a bright room may very well have issue with this.

between this, and the mismatch grills = someone in qc at the factory needs to get a foot in the ass.

oh, see ya at the meet saturday. that aut to be interesting

·
Registered
105 Posts
Now that you mention it, the other day I also noticed a slight bubble in the veneer near on of my bass drivers. Need to find some time to remove the driver and put some glue under it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricator /forum/post/16267257

so far, so good. though i don't have much time on em.

i pulled the driver. the stuffing i saw, i pushed it down under the port. have yet to retest em.

note :

the 8" drivers magnets are about 1" thick, and the same size as the cone.

stamped baskets.

nice wire. soldered to the speaker.

i did find cabinet flaws. i don't know if its glue, finish, or band-=aid patch. but there is some "stuff" at the front & back left corner, and a smudge on the side. in my lighting, its not seen, though now "I" know its there

now, someone in a bright room may very well have issue with this.

between this, and the mismatch grills = someone in qc at the factory needs to get a foot in the ass.

oh, see ya at the meet saturday. that aut to be interesting

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Alan

did you get a good sub yet ? even my little dayton sub 120 makes em sound so much better.

2221 - 2240 of 4011 Posts