AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin has a bad tuner in his UTV. I am giving him a couple of my old UTV's without cards. Do we have to talk to a CSR or does the automated 722 trick work to remarry card to new receiver.


Edited for correct code (722)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
What is the "automated 726 trick"?


It is likely that your cousin will need to have DTV activate an access card to the replacement UTVs (most likely a new one they will send you).


They might ask for a $20 new access card fee... but if you ask nicely but firmly they usually will waive it...


Interested in off loading any more of your UTVs let me know. Could use a replacement soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On non RID receivers you can put the card into another non RID box and call customer service and enter the on screen code (722) and the automated system will send out a remarry signal. Just was not sure if it still works, or if it ever did on UTVs.


Edited for correct code (722)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Let us know. I'm in a similar situation. The DTV CSRs told me it was no longer possible to activate UTV receivers when I recently tried to switch from a 30 hr unit to a 80 hr unit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GREAT NEWS....it works


1. Put a new 120gb in my old box. (after re-imaging)

2. Put the subscribed card from his crippled box into my old box.

3. Called D* on his phone, said "seven twenty two" at the voice prompt

4. card married to new receiver within 15 seconds.


so we know that this works taking a subbed card from a non-rid receiver and transferring to another non-rid receiver.


Will this work rid to non-rid or non-rid to rid...... we will see.



just to add... this is much better then having to give up UTV or have a new 2 year commitment
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
Now THIS is a good piece of info, thanks DC
I have one with a dead tuner and I'm about to get another box with 2 good tuners. This will make life much easier.


kazak
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
Certainly is good to know.


Haven't talked to DTV in a while... but it certainly sounds like this might help some UTVers avoid having to get replacement Access Cards (and deal with FEES) OR having to spend hours on the line with DTV to swap cards and end up waiting a day or two for a new one in the mail...


More UTV DVR uptime and customer enjoyment. A win/win for DTV and UTV owner.


I'd be interested in knowing if a person's Online Account Profile properly "remarries" the access card and updates IRD info on the site. Plus, if there are any "hidden" fees after the fact. A Marriage Tax if you will.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgodave /forum/post/0


Certainly is good to know.


Haven't talked to DTV in a while... but it certainly sounds like this might help some UTVers avoid having to get replacement Access Cards (and deal with FEES) OR having to spend hours on the line with DTV to swap cards and end up waiting a day or two for a new one in the mail...


More UTV DVR uptime and customer enjoyment. A win/win for DTV and UTV owner.


I'd be interested in knowing if a person's Online Account Profile properly "remarries" the access card and updates IRD info on the site. Plus, if there are any "hidden" fees after the fact. A Marriage Tax if you will.

In all of my research, I have yet to find a single person who has been charged, or had a problem doing this. I will see if my cousin has an online account with D* and check for problems. I doubt there will be a problem because D* tracks receivers by cam ids....not rid, so I think the non-rid married cards are "free range".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCoolio /forum/post/0


On non RID receivers you can put the card into another non RID box and call customer service and enter the on screen code (722) and the automated system will send out a remarry signal. Just was not sure if it still works, or if it ever did on UTVs.


Edited for correct code (722)

What if you have multiple units?



bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCoolio /forum/post/0


On non RID receivers you can put the card into another non RID box and call customer service and enter the on screen code (722) and the automated system will send out a remarry signal. Just was not sure if it still works, or if it ever did on UTVs.


Edited for correct code (722)

What is rid or non?


bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebob /forum/post/0


What if you have 2 UTV's on 1 account? Will they remarry/reset all the units in the house?


bob

It should. D* doesn't ask what receiver you are calling about when you call and say 722.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCoolio /forum/post/0


Will this work rid to non-rid or non-rid to rid...... we will see.

I used an RID card married to a RID DTivo on a UTV. I don't know if the automated phone trick would work for this. I called, and it only took a few seconds. So, DTV can unmarry a card via the stream, which is not really too much of a surprise, is it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So we have,


Non-RID to Non-RID =good

RID to NON-RID =good

RID to RID =?

NON-RID to RID =?


Anyone want to try with the two unknowns?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
719 Posts
so, when I last replaced a failed utv (1 tuner bad) with a spare, I had to call and they asked for things like serial number, etc. So, does this mean dtv doesn't know what you are running?


and I'm confused about this RID thing, does the utv work with an RID or a non-RID or both or what?
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top