AVS Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Don,

I want to thank you for the 722 thing. It worked lika a charm. I can't even imagine what I would have done othere than to cantact D*. They would have probably charged me something. Again thanks.

Lowjones

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowjones /forum/post/0

Don,

I want to thank you for the 722 thing. It worked lika a charm. I can't even imagine what I would have done othere than to cantact D*. They would have probably charged me something. Again thanks.

Lowjones

You are welcome, but it was not my discovery, it was from some tivo forum (DDB or TCF), I just put my needs together with the knowledge of others to see if it worked with UTV.

On a side note, I have not used UTV in about 2 years. I have HD and SD directivos now. My neighbors use the Motorola 6416 with TWC, my parents have the Verizon Fios Motorola 6412??, and I still think that the UTV was one of the best DVR's ever.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by j123 /forum/post/9958584

The 722 trick is now available on DirecTVs website. Log into your account and then click on Customer Service on the left column then click on Troubleshooting. The Refresh Your Services option allows you to pick which access card to refresh. I haven't tried it to switch receivers but seems like it should work the same as 722. If anyone tries it please post.

Does anyone know if this trick is still available on-line - cant find troubleshooting - the site has been revamped since this post.

Thanks,

Z

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Hi,

That above link gets you there directly... But if you log on to your DirecTV account and want to "find" your way... From the "Support" Menu at the bottom of the screen select Sound & Picture to get the various "error" codes list. There are several "errors" that a card "reset" is allowed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks guys,

I actually found it a couple hours after I posted by searching "troubleshooting".

I can confirm it works fine (at least for non-rid receivers - alot easier than calling in.

Z

·
Registered
1 Posts
I spent 2 hours on the phone with D* and was finally told I had to have a new card ($20) for my replacement UltimateTv.

I used the link in 44 above and had my new UltimateTv activated in 20 seconds.

THANKS!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Wow

Still getting "new" members to the UTV forum.

Welcome nrmnrm... hope this forum can continue being of use to you and other UTVers...

41 - 48 of 48 Posts