AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting with version .60 of SwapDV, I've had an orange dot in the lower right corner of my "My SwapDV" window that says, "Gnutella connecting..." Does that mean I've got something configured wrong, because it should say 'Gnutella connected'? And if I search for shows, it just sits there (I've looked at my modem and no packets are getting sent). Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just wanted to add that I'm seeing the exact same behavior with my copy of SwapDv. The Gnutella doesn't seem to be able to connect.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had to put in the Gnutella server domain name I pulled from the Gnutella client. I forget what it was search1.gnutella.net or something. That will get you the 'green light'. The searches take a long time and there's no indication of progress in SwapDV but it did work. and I downloaded some lame music video from someone. Not much on the p2p net yet. Hopefully stuff on the way.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
It takes a long time to connect because it wasn't connecting for me but when I got home from work it was connected!

Does anyone have any content I can try downloading to further test this feature?

·
Registered
305 Posts
You will get the "Gnutella connecting..." indication until you configure your router to forward port xxxx to the IP address of your SwapDV server. The default port number that SwapDV uses is found in the server configuration, Gnutella tab.

I used the Gnutella Server Domain that was set as default in SwapDV. I have had no luck finding anything to date.

Is there another method for searching shows? I would love to be able to search with a wild card character if possible.

Is there a documented method to find a Gnutella server that SwapDV users are using?

I also assume that shows on my SwapDV drive must be checked for public to be shared on Gnutella...

·
Registered
127 Posts
It'd also be nice to be able to set each show to be publicly and/or privately available instead of globally.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I had no trouble with router configuration. I agree with epete on desired features but those things are sure to come sooner or later. I am already impressed and thankful for what has been accomplished. It is true, though; wildcards would be useful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.