AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just downloaded the latest swapdv v.6. i needed to download the standard version of java to open the .jar file. my question is the following:

it takes alot longer to transfer files from the replay tv to my pc. previously i used a basic swapdv (that did not need the java download) that took 10 minutes on average to transfer a 30 min mpeg at medium. now it takes 25-30 min to transfer the same file. the new swapdv v.6 indicates a transfer 600 kilobits per second. shouldn't i be between 10 and 100 mbits per second. could the gnutella connection be slowing things down. can i change the transfer rate? a two hour movie used to take 25 min. the current download time is estimated at 2 hours. any help to increase transfer rate would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
The current version of SwapDV is throttled to 600k per download to improve stability of the Replay (should it be recording and streaming at the same time it can crash if tapped too hard). There have been requests for user adjustment capability in future releases, right now you would have to change the settings in the ini file.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I just want to add that throttling the download speed is vital if you don't want your machine to reboot (which would be really bad if you're in the middle of watching something else or recording a program).

The problem isn't so much the replay crashing but if the health monitor feels that the system is sluggish (and a lot of I/O will do this) it will force a reboot. (For those of you downloading with replaypc instead of swapdv, it's usually a good idea to hit the power button on the replay unit during a download operation.)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Something that I have tried that seems to also work is to place the machine into Bypass mode. I figured this would help since the machine is no longer recording and playing back live so more I/O requests are possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.