AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the Micra 6's but they are a bit lacking when it comes to 2 channel audio. I was thinking of swapping out the two front ms satellites with a pair of WS-60's.

Any opinions or other front speaker suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank you.

·
Registered
472 Posts
While I didn't swap the sats for the 60s, I did swap the Micra center out for a WS60 (back when I had the Micra setup). I found the 60 to sound a little weaker than the Micra center. Maybe it was just me but it seemed the Micra center, though smaller and with no passive radiators like the 60, had a bit fuller, less 'tinny' (for lack of a better descriptive) sound.

I eventually went to the new Energy TAKE onwalls all around, but if I were to stick with the Athenas, which I really liked, I'd look for a couple of MC centers to use as L and R.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublefan /forum/post/14175587

While I didn't swap the sats for the 60s, I did swap the Micra center out for a WS60 (back when I had the Micra setup). I found the 60 to sound a little weaker than the Micra center. Maybe it was just me but it seemed the Micra center, though smaller and with no passive radiators like the 60, had a bit fuller, less 'tinny' (for lack of a better descriptive) sound.

I eventually went to the new Energy TAKE onwalls all around, but if I were to stick with the Athenas, which I really liked, I'd look for a couple of MC centers to use as L and R.

thanks for the info.

i'm a bit suprised by that, but then again they are pretty cheap. maybe the ws-100's would be better. i like the slim tower size and i'm assuming that because the woofers are the same size as the micra satellites that they would be a good match?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I didn't think they were a bad match, just not really as much a step up as I would have expected. Perhaps the 100s would be better, perhaps not. Those I have never heard. In your case, it may be a nice move from the Micra sats to the 60s. They are aesthically pleasing and still an Athena product (a fine brand, even though now owned by the Klipsch folks).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublefan /forum/post/14180982

I didn't think they were a bad match, just not really as much a step up as I would have expected. Perhaps the 100s would be better, perhaps not. Those I have never heard. In your case, it may be a nice move from the Micra sats to the 60s. They are aesthically pleasing and still an Athena product (a fine brand, even though now owned by the Klipsch folks).

you put me off ws series. i picked up some stuff on craigslist/ebay instead, here's what i found:

2 as b1's

2 as b2's

1 as c1

1 as p300 (sub)

i'm going to swap out my micra fronts and centre ch and sub, i'm selling them to a friend along with the b1's. he can use the micra's for his rears. it was a very cheap upgrade!

thanks again for you help.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I think you'll be pleased. Good speakers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts