·
Registered
1,847 Posts
its 720p i believe

XANATOS

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
I agree, you can clearly see scanning lines at 480p, very remarkable for a 7" ES focus tubes, even on sets with 5 K hours on them. Do 720p.

Curt

·
Registered
207 Posts
This question was posed before, here's the thread .

I've read it about a hundred times... I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I have. ;)

Curt, since 720p = Hscan ~48KHz, is there a concern about running the deflector board this high? (900x Hscan specs = 15-50kHz) I only ask this question because I was about to hire ISF tech to come out and tweak my setup and they recommended that I not run my Zenith that hard. They recommended trying to stay closer to H scan ~35 kHz, like 540p.

Is there really a danger of premature deflector board failure here? or is this just another myth to dispel?

Tim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys does anyone have a scaler recommendation. I have an iscan pro I was looking at a centerstage HD

thanks

bob

·
Registered
360 Posts
bigdobbs,

FYI, I just recently sold my Zenith Pro900X (and Curt is right on for the quality of the 7"ES tubes) and would offer that I regulary ran the resolution at 1280 X 720 @ 60 Hz, using a HTPC. I wouldn't necessarliy call it the sweet spot though. That would be at around 1072 X 600 @ 72 Hz. I found myself though going back and pushing the unit a little bit at 1280 X 720p to watch DVD's. I will say that the 600p resolution was a bit sharper though.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bigdobbs
Thanks guys does anyone have a scaler recommendation. I have an iscan pro I was looking at a centerstage HD

thanks

bob
There's been a lot of chat in the processor forum about the Lumagen products. I heard nothing but very positive comments about the picture quality and the customer service. So much so, I have considered buying one to replace my centerstage 2. However, I have chosen not to because I don't like the fact that they can't be upgraded to include SDI-in and they don't have DVI ports (for future use). There have been hints that Lumagen is looking to change this, but nothing official yet. They do have a 30 day money-back guarantee... so you could try one out risk free.

The Lumagen "vision" is about the same price as the CS-HD, but allows users to create custom resolutions and upgrade the firmware... features which should be a the top of your priority list. If this unit have enough inputs for you, I would definitely get it over the HD.

Of coarse, if you want the most flexibility for the buck, HTPC is still the way to go...IMHO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.