Not open for further replies.

Sweet spot on zenith pro900

448 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Aggies#1 
#1 ·
Could anyone tell me what the sweet spot on the zenith pro900

thanks

bob

#3 ·
I agree, you can clearly see scanning lines at 480p, very remarkable for a 7" ES focus tubes, even on sets with 5 K hours on them. Do 720p.

Curt

#4 ·
This question was posed before, here's the thread .

I've read it about a hundred times... I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I have. ;)

Curt, since 720p = Hscan ~48KHz, is there a concern about running the deflector board this high? (900x Hscan specs = 15-50kHz) I only ask this question because I was about to hire ISF tech to come out and tweak my setup and they recommended that I not run my Zenith that hard. They recommended trying to stay closer to H scan ~35 kHz, like 540p.

Is there really a danger of premature deflector board failure here? or is this just another myth to dispel?

Tim

#6 ·
bigdobbs,

FYI, I just recently sold my Zenith Pro900X (and Curt is right on for the quality of the 7"ES tubes) and would offer that I regulary ran the resolution at 1280 X 720 @ 60 Hz, using a HTPC. I wouldn't necessarliy call it the sweet spot though. That would be at around 1072 X 600 @ 72 Hz. I found myself though going back and pushing the unit a little bit at 1280 X 720p to watch DVD's. I will say that the 600p resolution was a bit sharper though.

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by bigdobbs
Thanks guys does anyone have a scaler recommendation. I have an iscan pro I was looking at a centerstage HD

thanks

bob
There's been a lot of chat in the processor forum about the Lumagen products. I heard nothing but very positive comments about the picture quality and the customer service. So much so, I have considered buying one to replace my centerstage 2. However, I have chosen not to because I don't like the fact that they can't be upgraded to include SDI-in and they don't have DVI ports (for future use). There have been hints that Lumagen is looking to change this, but nothing official yet. They do have a 30 day money-back guarantee... so you could try one out risk free.

The Lumagen "vision" is about the same price as the CS-HD, but allows users to create custom resolutions and upgrade the firmware... features which should be a the top of your priority list. If this unit have enough inputs for you, I would definitely get it over the HD.

Of coarse, if you want the most flexibility for the buck, HTPC is still the way to go...IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.