Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brief question for the experts here:

Is it ok to run my 50" Panny through a switched power supply on my receiver?

I just picked this panel up, upgrading from my 42"Fuji (now in the bedroom). On the Fuji, it would automatically go into standby mode whenever a video input signal was absent. As near as I can tell, the Panny doesn't have this feature, so I'm looking for a way to automatically turn this off with the rest of my A/V system. Running the power cord to a switched outlet on my receiver is one way to do this. Any harm to the panel from doing this (literally just pulling the plug while it's on)? Alternately, is there some other way to put the panel in automatic standby?

(I searched the archives here and didn't find an answer - apologies if this has been covered before)

Thanks,

Joe M.

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
Hey Joe,

I wouldn't do that, switching off power abruptly (as the receiver would be doing) is a bit dangerous.

You can do what alot of us are doing. Basically, we buy a pronto, then we program an "ALL OFF" button. You press it and it indivdually turns off each piece of equipment at a time.

You should verify if your panasonic display has discrete off, that you'd need to get this to work.

·
Super Moderator
21,492 Posts
I switch the line power on/off for my Pioneer Pro1000 Plasma(and the 505HD before it) through a Cinepro AC controller triggered by processor turn on- it seems to work fine and makes it easy since there is no discrete on/off for the plasma that I am aware of

Mark:)

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
i think the pioneer only draws about 2 watts in standby, so i leave mine on, using a remote code to switch off standby, not a power switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.