AVS Forum banner

221 - 240 of 281 Posts

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Still LOVING this woofer. I have a new set of neighbors so i can't play my music more than around 70db in the evenings right now. Music still sounds full, deep, and articulate thanks to the luxurious bass offered by the SI 24 even at low volume levels. Excellent for us condo/apartment dwellers. I can't wait to get my hands on one more of these to complete my setup. I recently changed out my receiver for a preamp and the setup sounds amazing. Signal strength is much better. Music quality is clearer and there is no more god forsaken ground loop buzz thanks to the xlr connections. Bass sounds cleaner now as well. This sub is definitely a stunning all in one package. It gets louder than my other four 18" subs I had up front before and it sounds TIGHTER as well. Definitely has AUDIOPHILE QUALITY BASS that matches my Bagend Infrasub 18 and Velodyne DD18 subs I had before.I keep saying one more song and then I will call it a night. I said that at 7pm and it's 1am now and I'm still jamming late. Listening to Vanessa Williams Dreaming right now. Bass is sultry smooth, deep, ultra tight, and soothing. This sub is definitely a MASTERPIECE combo of articulation and raw spl capability all in one package. Loving and savoring every moment with this sub!!!!

·
Registered
901 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino11  /t/1497217/swolephiles-si-24-assemble-yourself-build/210#post_24628400

Nice I can't wait to get my 24's I already got my 2 18's. But I want my 24's

I think[know] you're in for an aural assault once you get the HS 24 playing.
The last G2G showed everyone what a single HS 24 is capable of. I'm very happy with the outcome.

PS: The parts needed to keep building these monsters will arrive later this week.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolephile  /t/1497217/swolephiles-si-24-assemble-yourself-build/210#post_24627946

I have a new set of neighbors so i can't play my music more than around 70db in the evenings right now.

70db? Brutal.

Soundproofing has helped me tremendously in this regard.

I used to be able to play almost no amount of sound.

Now I can play up to THX Reference above 200hz, and at least 80db of bass below 200hz, and 100db of bass below 15hz 24/7/365 without cops showing up.

Here is an example of my soundproofing in action... as of tonight:

note: There is a train passing by outside.

[Best with headphones cranked]

As you can see, it pretty much blocks out all the treble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock  /t/1497217/swolephiles-si-24-assemble-yourself-build/150#post_24144692

I don't recall if you ever posted any graphs?

I'd like to see how it's interacting with your room.

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
ported 24? You comfortable with a 32 cuft box? Haha
Hell no!!! Haha. But since when is lust a logical emotion? I want to do the 15 cubic ft box like what you had at the gtg, but I seriously dont know if I can fit one, let alone two boxes that size. Every home Ive looked at in the last few months has no room which could accomodate two 15 cubic ft monster boxes. And this is disparaging coming from me because I love big equipment. Usually the bigger, the better in my opinion. But my current setup is reaching a breaking point in terms of space.

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Anyone think I could gain any advantages by going with a bass tower consisting of two 24s in one sealed box and corner load it. Or would two separate boxes be a better option due to a more even room response? Oh man a bass tower consisting of two 24s just sounds so cool!:)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Anyone think I could gain any advantages by going with a bass tower consisting of two 24s in one sealed box and corner load it. Or would two separate boxes be a better option due to a more even room response? Oh man a bass tower consisting of two 24s just sounds so cool!:)
A bass tower does sound cool but multiple enclosures could help smooth out room nodes more than all of the drivers in one location.

·
Registered
901 Posts
A bass tower does sound cool but multiple enclosures could help smooth out room nodes more than all of the drivers in one location.
Thanks for the advice Nick.
It may sound "silly" but harnessing a single HS 24" is hard enough to begin with. You know this from personal experience. It is hard to keep the enclosure from moving around and/or vibrating at extremely low frequencies. Now multiply that by a factor of 2x for two HS 24's in the same enclosure and you have a major problem with enclosure and structural solidity. :cool:

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
Understood Nick. Then at this point it looks like I will go with another smallish enclosure(8-10 cubic ft). Just for fun I will also add two rear subs. I'm thinking two downfiring Dayton Ultimax 18's or SI 18s(if available) should do the trick. Then I will be back up to 7.4 which was my original plan.

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
a dual 24 tower sounds awesome, until you have to move it
Lol. I thought about that two. My brother bitches when we have to move the single SI 24 around. So I can only imagine what he would say with dual 24 box. I'm guessing it would be at least 250lbs+.

221 - 240 of 281 Posts