AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lens of the JVC G15 is aligned with the top of the screen when it is inverted and ceiling mounted. The specifications for the G15 state that the lens is 50% off-axis. The specifications for the lens on the SX-21 state that the lens is 40% off-set. Is the lens on the SX-21 aligned 10% below the top of the screen? 10% above the top of the screen?

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
I think the answer doesn really matter, becaause whatever the answer is, its only true for a 4x3 screen ( I think) So the G15 although was aligned with the top of the screen, it was aligned with the top of a 4x3 screen with the 16x9 image being below the screen

·
Registered
84 Posts
Without a lens shift, it is not practical to ceiling mount a PJ. My ceiling mounted PLV-60 has an incredibly good shift - my lens is about 5" (half a foot) from the top of my screen. This lets me keep my PJ up high above my head and mount my screen where it should be: so that my eye is 1/3 from the bottom.

To compensate for a lack of lens shift - dont angle the PJ downward and use the keystone correction - this will decimate your picture quality.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.