Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm in the fortunate position to have a JVC SX21 in my home to check out. I've come to a dead end in searching for the answers to a couple questions I have on it--I searched to see if these were covered already and could not find them, so please forgive me in advance if they have already been addressed.

First, I was able to get 1400x1050 set up in PowerStrip to pixel map perfectly. But no matter how I try to configure 1400x788 for a 16:9 resolution, the projector sees it as 1024x768 and stubbornly insists on rescaling it, even when set to 1:1 in the menu. Has anyone come up with a magic PS timing to successfully get this 16:9 resolution to display properly>

Next, I know that the bulb in my G15 loses light output as it ages--quite significantly. Does anyone know the spec for the 250W NSH bulb in the SX21 as far as how much light it loses over its lifespan? Just wondering as I'm getting huge light output from it now (41 foot-lamberts!), but I wonder how that may decrease over time.

Thanks in advance...

Pat

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I don't know about the bulb life. That is a question I would be interested in an answer to as well. By the way.. what are you using to measure the foot lamberts with?

As for 1400X788 initially, I tried to do this, without success, as well. I ultimately came to the conclusion that it was far, far better to have the scaling done within my HTPC. I now am feeding the SX21 1400X1050 at 1:1 and re-sizing for my 16:9 screen via the controls in my Holo3Dgraph card. Doing it this way provides a beautiful stable image.

Next week (I hope) I will finally get my anamorphic lens back from the manufacturer, and if it doesn't have any more problems, this will be the best way to get a 16:9 image from this projector.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.