AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here own a sylvania plasma tv? I wondered if they were an ok brand with plasma. The model number of the one i was looking at is 6842THG. Do they have a screen shift and anti-burn in prevention like some of the other plasmas. I found one for a descent deal so i just wondered. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased this tv 2 weeks ago and love it. I picked it up at the local Sears store for $1099 on closeout. To be honest, compared to the Samsung, Hitachi, Philips and Panasonics, I would have had to spend over $400 more to get a comparable picture.

Yes the system does have screen shift and it can be set to "off, mild, or strong".

I do have two issues with the unit.

1) (Resolved) The unit would not work when using the HDMI from the satellite. This turned out to be an issue with the receiver and was corrected by swapping to a newer version.

2) The brightness control seems somewhat limited and I would prefer if it went higher.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.