AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my system (MSI KT3-Ultra ARU, XP1800, 256 ram, Win XP, ATI Radeon VE, ATI player 7.6, PowerDVD 4, WinDVD 3.1, Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX (for MP3, Soundblaster Live Value (for MP3) and on board Avance AC97 sound with optical SPDIF out (used for DVD) I have a lot of sync problems. With PowerDVD Sound and ATI picture the sync is about a second off, and with ATI picture and sound the initial sync problem is about half a second. Then, if I pause it and restart it, it will sync and not drift the rest of the movie. Any good ideas to what this can be is received with appreciation!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
It's ATI 7.6 that's the problem. This well known that audio sync. of ATI 7.6 video is a problem with some setup. Nevertheless, try ATI video and WinDVD audio to see if the sync. lessens. Otherwise you have to back track to ATI 7.5 by downloading that huge 44 MB MMC 7.5 from HTPC file store (search here for link).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mastiff,

if you use the PowerDVD audio using the waveout you have to change it to Directsound version.

This evening I'll post here the filter graph because is not in the list....

but, if you want to enjoy your time, you can try to yourself... it isn't a big issue... ;)

PS:

doing this you can keep the ATI 7.6 !!

regards

Gizmo

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally posted by GizmoLibero
Mastiff,

if you use the PowerDVD audio using the waveout you have to change it to Directsound version.

This evening I'll post here the filter graph because is not in the list....
Thanks, Gizmo! I'd love that! Especially since I'm about to watch Harry Potter with my wife tonight... :)

And thanks, Huey. I'll go back to 7.5 (which I think I have in my file archive) if I can't get the Gizmo approach to work. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Tor,

Here we go with the CinePlayer V4 & PowerDVD 4 Audio on Direct Sound...

Simply copy this file in the Zoom Player DVDGraph directory and wipe out the .txt extension....

Reload the Zoom Player and select the new name you have in the list...

Have fun

Gizmo

_cinem 4 power dvd 4 directsound.dvdgraph.txt 1.130859375k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much! Appreciate it. I'll test it tonight.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Blight. And good morning. :)

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, Gizmo, I've finally managed to test your graph. A norwegian national day and a family can wreak havoc on schedules... But it works perfectly, so thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.