AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony HD100 and am having problems with audio and video being out of sync only on WXIA in Atlanta (Channel 10.1 HD and Channel 11 analog). None of the other local channels (CBS, FOX, ABC) have this problem. When you tune to the channel the syncing is fine, then slowly gets out of sync over several minutes. At its worst, it is 2 seconds off. Then, every 10 minutes or so, the screen flickers momentarily and the sound gets back in sync and the process starts over again.

I called Sony and they said they were aware of the problem, but it is not the unit. The technician took about 30 minutes to get me an answer and did not seem very knowledgeable. My signal meter is locked between 86 and 86 on this channel.

Does anyone know of this problem and have any suggestions to fix it? Will another unit do better?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I haven't really noticed a synching problem with WXIA, but I'll check for it. I normally don't watch this channel very often. Jay Leno just comes on too late at night for me most of the time.

Do you have the problem with the upconverted programming or just the HDTV shows?

·
Registered
9 Posts

I've had the same problem with the ABC broadcast in Chicago (I recently had 2 Sony HD100's installed). The station engineers think it's probably a Sony problem and my dealer is getting them a box to test. There is a sync problem with NBC also, but it's not nearly as bad. No problems with DirecTV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.