AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just installed the Cox Contour system in home.  I have a Universal Remote Control RF20 remote (which can work through the wall to the devices behind the wall)  that I am trying to program to work with the Cox cable universal remote control.  I have tried putting in the code for Scientific Atlanta in the RF 20 remote and the code is not recognized.  I have also tried the Learning method of putting the RF20 remote facing the Cox remote and trying to sync up the two remotes that way and nothing happens.  Pretty frustrating.  Kind of useless if I have to point the cox remote around the wall in order for the remote to work.  Please help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Ok, I was able to use the "Learning Method" of teaching the RF20 remote to work like the Cox remote after putting in fresh batteries in the RF20 remote.  Now my problem is the Infrared cable that attaches to the Cisco Cox cable box in the room is really touchy.  I move the Infrared remote to different spots on the front of the Cisco box and the radio signal sent out by the RF 20 will remote will work at times and if I point the RF 20 remote to the closet where the Cisco box is, the signal will work at times and not at other times.  I have to be fairly close to have the RF20 remote work.  My question: Is there a secret to getting the Infrared cable to be recognized by the RF20 remote? Any certain position on the front of the Cisco Cox box where I should put the Infrared cable?  Please help.  Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts