Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Been using HTPC's integrated into all my audio/video setups for a long time, but never had as many running in different rooms as now. So Im looking for a way to stream synchronized audio to all the different media systems around my house. Theres about 2MB/sec bandwidth avail to the wireless clients (Pre-N) and gigE to everything else, so Im imagining bandwidth shouldnt be an issue. I set up a local Shoutcast server this evening, but find that systems wont stay quite in sync, and its difficult to sync when joining multiple systems to the stream, they all start in a slightly different part of the track, although sometimes rather close.

Any reccomendations? Preferably, Id love to have winamp receive the stream on the client side (just for its visualizers) but im flexible. Maybe I just need more tweaking with Shoutcast, but with the variety of streaming media servers, I figured this would be a good place to start, all advice much appriciated, thanks!

(I hope this isnt out of place, I understand that this thread is mostly dealing with consumer HW solutions to the above (ie. squeezebox etc.) but hey, htpc's are HW too ;p )

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.