AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Questions. I have a home theater system and an 8-zone Control 4 amp. The Control 4 HC300 controls. I have an Denon 3311ci powering the home theater. Zone 2 and Zone 3 of the Denon also inputs into the 8-zone amp. The 8-zone amp also has a direct connection from an Airport Express. I primarily play music off of my two iTunes libraries - a Mac Mini directly connected the Denon via tos link/fiber and an office iMac on the network that can be streamed to the Denon or streamed directly to the amp through the Airport Express. I do this so that I can listend to multiple discrete iTunes libraries in the house.

I've noticed that when I play the Mac Mini through the home theater and then pipe it out through zone 2 simultenously to the Control 4 amp that the musici is out of sync. I'm assuming this may be because of the digital to analog conversion going on in zone 2.

Is there a better set up that I can use to try and get my home theater to be in sync with the multi-zone. In party mode, it sounds echoy in the house because the home theater is out of sync

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
The Denon likely has a built-in lip-sync delay to synchronize the TV sound with the video. You need to go into the Denon menu and disable it or set it to zero.

But you will have to set it back when you watch TV, so make note of its value.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Carl. Looks like the audio delay was set at zero. It looks like all the sources are delayed coming from the denon through the amp. Not sure there's anyway to to sync the home theater with the zones. Bummed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Dave. Tried that last night and it worked perfectly. I split the airport express back to the Denon. So if I am playing multizone including the home theater, I'll use the express. If not, I can still use the Denon to pipe through iTunes to the non home theater zones. Thanks all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts