AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Syntax 32 inches LCD acted up this morning. It produces a bluish picture (it appears the RED color is missing or Hue level is too low) . I tried the reset option in OSD (On Sreen Display) menu but it didn't help . Also, the brightness, contrast, and hue adjustment in OSD doesn't work . I tried using both the remote control and buttons on the monitor to adjust brightness, contract and hue level. The level bar move up or down only one level (they are pre-set at 50, and I could only move to 51 or down to 49).

Does anyone have similar issue with Syntax ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is LT32HVE . I bought it 20 days ago. The store where I bought it from does not have any replacement in stock. Since I have already purchased a wall-mount, I don't want to exchange it for another LCD. Also, I think it's best LCD for the price (if it works).

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yah call up syntax and call the place you bought it. I know they said they don't have replacements but ask even if it goes past 30days could you get replacement since they have none right now (PS get it in writing).

·
Registered
693 Posts
How did it turn out ?

Did u call them ? how was the service ?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I've seen that or something similar on my set a few times now. Something in the internal electronics gets confused and the menu settings get screwed up. In my case, hitting menu and adjusting the brightness causes it to snap back to my preferred settings.

Dennis

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It appears that the new Syntax has some bugs. My uncle purchased another set, and he reported that his menu for TV was gray (not selectable) when it should be . This is the source selection, so TV should always be selectable .

As for my case, Syntax was helpful, but they said it takes 3 weeks . They will first send me the part, then contract a contractor to install it . I have been without the TV for 2 weeks :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Syntax sent a tech on site to fix the LCD . It took 1 week [3 days to send the part, and 2 days later for the tech guy to arrive] . No complain so far

·
Registered
32 Posts
oh wow, now i'm kind of scared. I was going to pull the trigger on the LT32HVE. Has this been a wide spread problem. Hows the PQ on the HVE, would you recommend it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would highly recommend it even if I had problems with it . I was scared at first, but Syntax support team was great. It took 2 days for them to send a circuit board and then send a tech to fix it 2 business days after. Syntax is a new company and their LCDs are not as reliable as Sony or Panasonic. But for half the price, and a good 1 year warranty, I find no reasons not to go with them .

As for the quality of the LCD, the newer line (like LT32HVE) is better. The picture quality of LT32HVE is similar to Sharp and Philips 32 inches LCD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vianna
oh wow, now i'm kind of scared. I was going to pull the trigger on the LT32HVE. Has this been a wide spread problem. Hows the PQ on the HVE, would you recommend it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have been reading other forums, and some of the users of the LT32 HV and HVE, can't get it to use its native resolution, when it comes to hooking up your computer to the lcd. Have you experienced this problem? Or have any LT32HVE owners

·
Registered
142 Posts
The native res of the HVE is listed in the manual as one of the resolutions that it will do when connected via the vga port. Presumably if you have a video card that supports it, it should be no problem.

·
Banned
577 Posts
I have had the LT32HVE for more than a month now. I am relatively happy with it. Some would call this nit picking but on some HD programming, never on INHD or KCET but more on the on-air HD channel programs like Surface, CSI, etc. etc.. the screen appears to pixelate a little and then clears up. Not always, but on certain scenes. I know I'm not imagining it because my wife sees it too.

On another occasion, there was a scene where a guy was standing thru a car sun roof while driving past tall building on a wide angle shot. As the building passed by swiftly, the motion appeared to stutter a bit, slightly like an old silent movie.

I'm keeping it. I just watch TV on it and the occasional DVD. It is much much better than the average $ 500.00 CRT and saves a huge amount of space in my wee little room. I just hope it dosnt go PFFFFFFT!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Vianna, this is the video card issue. I can't get my LCD display at its native resolution. I am thinking about getting another card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vianna
i have been reading other forums, and some of the users of the LT32 HV and HVE, can't get it to use its native resolution, when it comes to hooking up your computer to the lcd. Have you experienced this problem? Or have any LT32HVE owners

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ATI radeon 9600 -

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just posted these two issues in the "Official Syntax Olevia LT37HVS Thread" because I didn't know where else to find answers to my issues before I found this thread. The 1st issue is the Audio, it sounds distorted at low volumes. The 2nd is my DVI source is not working. Anyone have issues with these? I'll be on the phone with Syntax support soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the Syntax Olevia LT32HVE and I have had it for a few months. Generally I am very happy with the display. After tweaking when the source is solid, the picture is great. I have found that the display exposes more flaws in analog SD from Comcast, my cable provider. I think my old CRT masked a lot of these flaws. Also Comcast installs some pretty crappy cable splitters. At any rate, I don't think this is a failing of the display itself.

I have used several of the inputs. DVDs look excellent. No compliants. I haven't noticed any horrible black level problems or motion blur issues. I have used my PC over the DVI input at a 1280X720 resolution. My video card doesn't display the native 1366X768 resolution, but the PC I have hooked up was not planned to be used with this display, I just had it laying around and though what the heck.

I also bought the myHD MDP-130 HD card for tuning (the LT32HVE DOES NOT have over the air tuner). I have been trying to go into the VGA input also at 1280X760 resolution (I have tried a number of resolutions with this car, that's the one that works best). This is the biggest problem I have had with the display. There are significant problems with the vertical and horizontal sync tolerances causing the display to not be centered. It works fine the the two other VGA sources I have tried, but with the my HD I have to do the following:

1. Set up the myHD card in pass through mode but disable the video card. Tune in Public Broadcasting's HD (for some reason, the OTA content effects the syncing). Select the VGA input. Sometimes everything syncs up and your done (25%?). Most of the time...

2. Cycle TV soft power. Most of the time (70%), the sync will be passable but not perfect (see some vertical scan lines that should not be displayed because of overscan and a 0.5" black car at the bottom). Sometimes I have to cycle power several times. When the display has been on for longer it tends to have more problems syncing.

When I get the HD content working properly, it looks wonderful! 1080i public broadcasting HD stuff looks the best. I have also enjoyed some Casas in HD (720hp), and a few over the air movies in HD as well (also 720p).

So besides my VGA sync problems (which also may be due to the myHD card), I really like this display. Not the best out there but the price to performance ratio is right on. I sent an e-mail to Syntax recently but haven't heard anything yet. If they make any suggestions I will post back here.

Has anyone else had any syncing problems with the LT32HVE?

My solution is probably going to be to break down and buy the DVI adapter for the myHD card at $80. This should fix my issue, but is really more of a work around.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.