AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my LCDTV from Amazon. I didn't get to play with it much because I needed to rearrange some space for it to fit in my room. However, I did manage to hook it up to my PC. It took some time to get the right resolution/refresh rate (1280 x 768), but nvidia provided good enough tool to do so.

My question is, does it matter what horizontal/vertical/pixel refresh rate I choose? I tried to get the settings as close to (4x.xx, 60, 81.631) as mentioned in the back of the manual. Will the wrong settings damage the LCDTV? Is there a definitive setting? I also tried powerstrip, I could only get them close to manual numbers, but not exact.

What's everyone's preference?

Oh, that blue power light is very annoying, covered it up right away. :)

(I thought there might be more LT26HVE to deserve its own thread...)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had the LT26HVE hooked up for a little over a week now. Once I got some component cables to hook up my Motorola 6412 Comcast box, I was really knocked out by the image quality.

I initially used Avia to adjust the settings, but I don't have a red or blue filter so there were a bunch that I had to just guess on. I've recently noticed a problem, and am wondering if it's a problem with those settings.

The problem is most prevalent on ABC HD shows when viewed in HD (Lost, Invasion, etc.), and when I view SD programming through the component (I usually switch over to regular old coax when I want to watch SD now). What happens is I get a sparkly visual feedback sort of thing on things like hair, sweat and thin-striped clothing. Does that make sense? Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried the STB's output on both 1080i and 740p and had the same problem. Last night, I noticed it a little on a Discovery HD show too, so I'm thinking it's problem on my end and not with ABC or something.

Even if it's not an issue with the tuning settings, I would immensely appreciate it if anyone could list any optimum settings (sharpness, brightness, etc.) for this TV that they've discovered. I noticed someone posted in another thread the settings they use on their LT26HVX, and I may try that since the TVs are so similar.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I find some settings sometimes do not stay after you turn off the TV. Well, in my case, I hooked up the TV to my PC, I adjusted down the contrast (like a sun shining on my face 1 foot away), and after a reboot, it went right back up.

Does it happen to everyone, anyway to resolve it?

Ah, also when I adjusted color temp, etc. to something not Middle, I got some feedback coming from the speakers, what's wrong?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't have the problems you all have mentioned. All my settings are retained and I have no image artifacts. The set looks great, even on SD! I do have an audible hum that starts when I use the dark backlight mode. It does not come from the speakers but from inside the set. I assume it is the ballast for the backlight. This is my third set I have swapped at Fry's trying to find one that doesn't make noise on this setting. One of the sets I tried was quiet but had audio distortion. I still think the Syntax is a great value. I know the HVX is the more popular model but the price on the HVE was hundreds less when I bought it with no rebate required. Mtobey is your sharpness set too high causing the sparkles?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I picked up the HVE a few weeks ago and for the price this TV cant be beat, looks nice as a monitor (1280x768) and has a better picture than I expected. The only setting I really changed so far was the color temp to warm and some minor adjustments to other settings.

If anybody wants to list their settings I would be happy to compare.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I bought this on new years day from Compusa for $$$, returned a few hours later, PQ didnt turn me on, i dont like the 15:9 wiiide look, worst thing was letterboxing dvd's with that narrow screen,when i went back people grabbed it while i was in the return line!

Theres another model that has better spec's big thread on it,

EDIT>>

mod note: no price other than MSRP, please. Thanks

·
Registered
614 Posts
i know this is a post for the 26HVe but my 32 hve should be on the UPS truck today, i have it hooked to a HTPC but if i want to run the AVIA disk should i hook up a stand alone player to tv and use a different input other than the DVI i am using now if changes are made on a different input will that effect all inputs or should i go get a dvd player with dvi out and use that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.