AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears as though the Syntax Olevia LT26HVX has awesome specs and uses an 8ms panel.

My questions are to the reliability and sound and picture quality of the Syntax Olevia models.

I notice that Syntax uses its own proprietary technology instead of SRS and BBE for sound. Does this make any difference in the audio quality between sets?

As to reliability, considering Syntax has only been out for a short period of time, I wonder how the long term reliability is. I have owned sets from Japanese brands which have been outstanding in terms of reliability. My dad bought cheap taiwanese monitors and they all broke within a short period of time so Im kind of skeptical on quality for now.

Also in terms of picture quality, how has Syntax models been generally for the LG Panel models in terms of quality compared to the more expensive name brand sets?

·
Registered
614 Posts
i own 2 syntaxs a 27 and 37 and they are stunning, 1 year on site cant beat that. am looking forward to buying more. wife loves them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
*bump!*

Has anyone else seen this TV since the last post a couple months ago? I'm really thinking about it with my tight budget. I know it can't compare to the Sonys and the Samsungs and the Sharps, etc.... but I just can't find ANY reviews/opinions on this model whatsoever.. It is Syntax's new model and they claim it's their top of the line as far as their 26" models go. But you can't beat the price.. help!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I am glad you started this thread, ajulius, as i recently decided to upgrade my dining-room/kitchen TV without having to spend too much money, and i figured that the current 26" Syntax would be a perfect choice.

I live across the street from a compusa store and when i went in to check out that model, the LT26HVE, i was shocked as to how good it looked next to a Samsung and how well it compared to a considerably more expensive Sharp model.

Best of all, i grabbed their respective remote controls and adjusted each one to my heart's content trying to match their picture as much as possible, but still the Syntax and the Sharp bested the Samsung model by a wide margin, with a more detailed image and better black levels.

I came home and went web-surfing looking for reviews and prices on that particular Syntax model and found out about the improved LT26HVX that just came out, with panels manufactured by Philips/LG and even better contrast ratio and a faster pixel response, all of that for a very small price increase, and i made my choice right then and there to wait a little longer as i am in no hurry to replace my aging 13" CRT monitor.

However, the plot thickens, as i found out that during the firt quarter of next year, Syntax will be introducing new models equipped with a scaler/deinterlacer manufactured by Silicon Optix named "HQV powered by Teranex", which, as far as i know, is considered one of the best out there !

Now, the questions are : will Syntax include these chips in their smaller, lower cost LCDs like the 26" model, or are they going to be used only in the larger, more expensive siblings ? Would i be able to wait until next year to find out, or should i just get the LT26HVX and enjoy what should easily be an even better picture than the one i saw at compusa ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.