AVS Forum banner

Which setup would you pick?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ignoring price, which setup would you pick?

Option 1: Synthesis JBL Pro M2 with additional ceiling speakers.

Option 2: Seaton Sound Catalyst 8C or 12C for LCR, side surrounds, and back surrounds. New/updated Seaton Sound Spark for ceiling speakers. 2 x Seaton Sound SubMersive HPi+ + 2 x Seaton Sound SubMersive HP-Slave. Trinnov Altitude32 as a preamp/processor.

Another thing to ignore: Don't worry about the fact that the JBL setup is 9.4 and the Seaton Sound setup is a 7.4.x. The goal here is to get an idea of which setup will provide the "better" sound for movies and music and the setup configuration/arrangement can be decided on later.

·
Banned
260 Posts
Quested Speaker if you want the very best of the best with low Fatigue and massive dynamics. JBL are very good too but horn based systems will tire you out..

Seaton Subs in my opinion are one of the best sounding and can pressurize the room far better than many subs I have had in the past. So I highly recommend you get multiples.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Quested Speaker if you want the very best of the best with low Fatigue and massive dynamics. JBL are very good too but horn based systems will tire you out..

Seaton Subs in my opinion are one of the best sounding and can pressurize the room far better than many subs I have had in the past. So I highly recommend you get multiples.
There is certainly good subjective feedback on the Questeds, but I have an issue with the limited vertical dispersion(just a personal preference thing) and the fact that I've yet to see comprehensive measurements. So it's not possible to judge their music accuracy. Not so much an issue if cinema is the only concern.

I would definitely like to hear them though.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Multisubs are a better choice, IMO, even if the M2 is slightly better (which it may or may not be).
The Seatons are a great speaker, but the M2's are objectively and subjectively better IMO. But again, that's just my opinion and not meant to take anything away from the Cats and this is deeply into the realm of diminishing benefits and returns. Others may disagree as is the case with all speakers.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I would also take a peek at the JTR 210RT. They were finally caught out in the wild in Iowa and got some great feedback. I also like the Seaton Cats. I was toying with the idea of buy a pair of 12C's before I went with the JTR 215RT's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts