AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have everything running off a marantz SR 5011. I’m thinking of using a pair of M1-s as front heights speakers for
Possible Atmos. Currently I have a B&W S2 center channel, a pair of CM9s as my main fronts and a pair of 600’s as the rear surround speakers. Would it be wise to use the M1’s as front heights to create a 5.1.2 setup for at most? Or utilize those as surround backs for a 7.1?

·
Registered
21,473 Posts
I currently have everything running off a marantz SR 5011. I’m thinking of using a pair of M1-s as front heights speakers for
Possible Atmos. Currently I have a B&W S2 center channel, a pair of CM9s as my main fronts and a pair of 600’s as the rear surround speakers. Would it be wise to use the M1’s as front heights to create a 5.1.2 setup for at most? Or utilize those as surround backs for a 7.1?
In a smaller room 5.1.2, in a larger room, 7.1.

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
You can go either way, but do you have the correct layout for 7.1?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Currently I can’t do a 7.1 but will be moving my system to a different location when my basement is done.

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
Set it up as 5.x.2 (temporarily) and see how you like it. Depending on how your side surrounds are going to be placed, you may not even miss the additional two rear surrounds. Getting some height information might be a big improvement, or you might be underwhelmed. I've seen both reactions here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts